Publisher Kalypso Media and developer Gaming Minds Studios has announced that the seafaring trade simulator Port Royale 4 is out now on PC via Steam, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Nintendo Switch version set to release in 2021.
Port Royale 4 is the ultimate trading simulator, offering a 12 million square kilometre playground of pristine 17th Century Caribbean scenery to both settle and explore. Players can create intricate production lines spanning multiple territories while fulfilling tasks for their nation’s viceroy to earn fame, accrue wealth and upgrade their settlements with an assortment of ships and buildings.
Those interested in a more action-focused experience can opt to attack rival nations, targeting their fleets and settlements while keeping a keen eye for pirates and other privateers who might be looking to do the same. Port Royale 4 also features a series’ first turn-based approach to naval combat, allowing up to 8 ships per side to do battle with onboard artillery and special tactics unique to each nation.
- Choose from four colonial powerhouses: England, France, Spain and the Netherlands, each providing different benefits and unique gameplay styles
- Four single-player campaigns following each nation on a path to glory
- Appoint a leader from four different character classes: The Explorer, Merchant, Buccaneer and Pirate
- Establish and manage trade with 60 Caribbean cities in a huge game world
- Navigate cliffs, shallow waters and stormy weather regions to optimize your trade routes
- Choose from 50 buildings to produce goods such as rum and luxuries
- Construct town buildings with neighbourhood effects to optimize productivity and manage the happiness of your citizens
- Sail 18 historically authentic ships from the late 16th and 17th centuries
- Engage in tactical, turn-based naval battles with powerful captains
- Unlock licences, building permits, new buildings and ships by growing reputation within your chosen nation