Publisher Another Indieand developer Glass Heart Games adds 2D action platforming Vigil: The Longest Night onto Switch and PC this October 14th. A 2D platformer inspired by Salt and Sanctuary and Castlevania, Vigil: The Longest Night.
The Longest Night
A 2D action platformer with precise, technical combat and a strong narrative, Vigil: The Longest Night takes aim in challenging players in difficulty and compels them into the tale of eldritch horror. As Leila, embark on a dark quest to save her hometown from the creeping evil infesting the surrounding countryside.
Navigate a world that wanders between dream and reality, sanity and madness, and uncover the secret of the longest night and the monstrous entities invading their world.
Game features as shared on Steam
- Experiment with 4 types of weapons and multiple varieties of each type.
- A number of unique items to suit how you play
- A fusion of Lovecraftian prose and Taiwanese culture
- Complex Skill Tree to create the ultimate warrior of light.
- Unique art style inspired by the art of Chinese Paper Cutting
- Brutal Enemies with multiple methods of attack and surprising attacks
- Explore dank caves, abandoned villages, and haunted forests
- Meet the residents of Leila’s hometown as they struggle in a world of maddening darkness
- Battle a host of hideous bosses from the depths of your nightmares
- Multiple endings to unravel
- Music by the talented Jouni Valjakka of metal band Whispered