A new update will be dropping soon for The Division 2 as announced by publisher Ubisoft and developer Massive Entertainment for the much-anticipated Episode 2 – Pentagon: The Last Castle. This episode is available for Year 1 Pass holders and UPLAY+ subscribers on October 15, 2019, and for all players on October 22, 2019, with added changes and improvements including the new game mode “Conflict” player-versus-player mode, made available for all players on October 15.
Black Tusk Forces are up to their schemes again
They are coming after a new DARPA secret experiment in the Pentagon. It will be up to you to stop them before falling into the wrong hands.
Episode 2 – Pentagon: The Last Castle feature includes:
- Two New Main Missions via Ubisoft:
Investigate a transmission from a fellow Agent scouting the Pentagon for the perfusion bioreactor. Securing the bioreactor would allow Agents to replicate the antiviral samples recovered at Tidal Basin. Agents must navigate flood damage and Black Tusk forces to take back The Last Castle. After securing their safe house, players will be able to access the two replayable main missions of Episode 2.
- First Main Mission – Pentagon: Agents will discover the location of the perfusion bioreactor inside the Pentagon’s underground research facility. The Black Tusk have already infiltrated the lab and are attempting to extract the reactor.
- Second Main Mission – DARPA Research Labs: Players must make their way through the Pentagon and into the DARPA Labs, as the Black Tusk is in the process of transporting the perfusion bioreactor through an abandoned Cold War tunnel network.
New “Technician” Specialization
This coming October 15, Year 1 pass holders and UPLAY+ subscribers will get their hands on the Technician Specialization, those who do not have the Year 1 pass will have to unlock this by completing a set of objectives which will include its signature weapon skin.
The latest specialization includes their Signature Weapon of a P-017 Launcher that shoots multiple seeking missiles by locking on to 6 targets, Sidearm: Maxim 9 with their respective skill called Artificer Hive and grenade Mod referred as the EMP Grenade.
Exclusive to Year 1 Pass holders and UPLAY+ subscribers will get 2 new Classified Assignments located at the Boathouse and Embassy.
Fixes and improvements include:
- Targeted Loot
- Named Items overhauled
- Crafting Changes
- Recalibration Changes
- Filled Brands
- Inventory Management 2.0
- Increased stash space
- Rebalance of talents and weapons
- Dark Zone Server Transfers
- Updated Thieves’ Den Vendor
- Dark Zone Supply Drops Changes
- Occupied Dark Zone Ambushes
- Normalization in Dark Zone changes
- Conflict: Loadout Selection during map voting
- Bonus armour visualization increased
- Conflict: End of Match Rewards changes
- Stored tutorials
The second raid has been delayed for development improvements, in order to meet better standards to their player’s base. For more info, check out their letter to the players.
The Division 2 is currently available on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.