Indie developers over at Sand Sailor Studio is now offering Bossgard, their multiplayer boss-battler a 20% discount on Steam as the game leaves the Early Access stage and debuts in full. Check out the trailer below:-
Ragnarok has come and gone, but has left a different footprint behind – the world has been destroyed by an evil power like no other, a power which unleashed the most ridiculous monsters against the gods and heroes of the North. The world is no more, there is no Midgard, there is no Asgard, there is only Bossgard – the land of Bosses, where giant slices of sentient bread, huge plungers and evil jackhammers rule over the snowy wastes. The last remaining Vikings gather their strength and prepare for a series of unforgettable encounters.
An online multiplayer supporting up to 6 players in which you can choose to become one of the fighters, or the boss themselves ! join a party of Vikings against a cast of silly titans, where each of them boasts unique mechanics. Some bosses rely on their brute strength to pick off their foes, while some summon minions to do their biddings. The Vikings rely on teamwork and combining their unique set of skills to overcome their already slim
odds of success. Tank, dodge, heal, deploy turrets and raise the dead in a fight like no other. There is strength in numbers – but more importantly in cooperation.
Fights are unique in the game when the Bosses are controlled by the players themselves. Outsmart and outmaneuver your opponents to best them in battle!
Key game features:
● Unique Playable Bosses with distinct mechanics – Each Boss looks, plays and feels completely different. What would you rather be? A cyclopean slice of toast? Maybe a giant evil plunger? Perhaps!
- Online and Local Multiplayer with up to 6 players! – We hope you brought company because Bossgard is best played on a crowded couch or over noisy online multiplayer sessions!
- Multiple game modes! – Go against the Boss in Vikings Vs Boss mode, or fight fairly in Viking vs Viking. Set up your own game rules in Kustom Game and if you’re feeling adventurous…
- Try and survive the frozen wastes! – Enter the singleplayer Survival Mode and hunt monsters in an effort to survive the cold. In the end, only the bravest and most cunning of Vikings will be able to face the Boss!
- Couch Versus Couch support – You and your friends can play locally against or with online players!
- Fight in top-down view mode or in 3rd person – Bossgard can be played from a bird’s eye point of view when playing with others, or it can be enjoyed in a more up-close manner when playing solo! The game will look great regardless!
- Customize your characters – Unlock all sorts of cosmetic items ranging from weapons and helmets, to flags and colour schemes. Mix them up and create your own versions of your favourite characters!
Bossgard is now available for PC via Steam. The game will launch for the Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch in early July 2020.