GEES20 Ushers in a New Era for Esports and IESF!
The day has finally come! GEES20 opens its doors tomorrow in Busan, South Korea and online around the world! This weekend’s (November 29th and 30th, 2020) 5th annual installment of IESF’s Global Esports Executive Summit aims to set a shining example for the COVID-19 era with its innovative online-offline format.
As IESF faces the challenges posed by COVID-19 head on, plans have been made this year for delegates to participate and contribute both live at the venue, and online, including lectures and presentations that will be broadcast live on IESF’s Youtube. GEES20 is shaping up to be a truly unique and groundbreaking event.
This year’s theme is Evolution and Expansion! The agenda consists of four sessions, each covering a different topic, and including the participation of honoured guests who will give keynote addresses and engage in panel discussions at the venue and online around the world.
The GEES20 Sessions:
1. Esports and Traditional Sports Convergence
- Identifying Opportunities for Collaboration
- Developing Opportunities for Collaboration
- Bringing Our Communities Together
2. Diversity Marketing and Esports
- Marketing to Esports Diversity
- Expanding Markets and Brand Partners
1. Esports in the Time of COVID-19
- Recognizing Opportunities for Esports
- The Unique Position of Esports
2. New Frontiers in Esports Technology
- Display Technologies in Esports
- Exploring New Esports Technology
See the full list of speakers here!
The Venue: The Busan Esports Arena
The two-day event takes place at the Busan Esports Arena in Busan, South Korea, less than two weeks after the brand new, state-of-the-art facility’s official grand opening on November 18th. Announced in March 2019 with investment from the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and the City of Busan, the Busan Esports Arena promises to be a boon for IESF events, and for Korean esports in general. It features a main arena, two sub-arenas and cutting edge facilities for players, staff, and fans.
Since 2015, GEES has gathered key esports stakeholders from around the globe to create an environment for discussion, education, and action towards esports development through conferences, exhibitions, academic lectures, and networking events.