Indie developer Bytten Studio and publisher Raw Fury have released Cassette Beasts, the open-world RPG that lets you collect and transform into awesome monsters in thrilling turn-based battles, on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Xbox Game Pass on Day One, and Nintendo Switch. Dive in today and discover why this imaginative journey of exploration and friendship is one of the best-reviewed games of the year!
Cassette Beasts puts a unique spin on monster-collector RPG adventures – on the remote island of New Wirral, people can use cassette tapes to transform into strange creatures and battle! You’ll need to explore the island and record a menagerie of mighty monsters to your trusty cassette tapes to gain their abilities and find a way home. You can even combine two creatures together to make powerful new forms with shared elemental types, stats, and move sets, with thousands of possibilities to discover.
- Transform into Monsters…with Cassette Tapes?! Faced with the constant threat of monster attack, the residents of Harbourtown can fight fire with fire. Record a variety of beautifully crafted creatures, then take on their forms in battle!
- Fuse Monsters Together: Merge with your companions’ monsters to transform into fully animated fusions combining the strengths of both forms! There are thousands of unique creature fusion combos with which to experiment.
- Explore a Rich Open World: Use your monster abilities in human form! Glide, fly, swim, climb, dash or turn magnetic to get around and solve puzzles in a colorful land brought to life with fun retro vibes and an awesome synth soundtrack.
- Dive into a Captivating Story: Cassette Beasts features an otherworldly adventure with spooky twists and turns. How did you end up on New Wirral? And who are the mysterious Archangels?
- Master a Deep Battle System: Use elemental chemistry to apply advantageous buffs or debuffs with your attacks, or even alter your opponents’ elemental types.
- Travel with a Diverse Cast of Companions: Don’t fight alone! Forge bonds with your partners and help them complete personal goals to become a better team. The strength of your relationship determines how well you’re able to fuse.
- Play Co-op with Friends: Team up via local multiplayer for up to two players. Explore the open world, transform and battle together as a duo!