The devs over at Merge Games have collaborated with Big Sugar and Steel Mantis to bring us Valfaris, a 2D shooter that is heavy, on heavy metal music!
Shred that guitar and shred your enemies too!
The game takes the player to a point in space to where you find the fortress of Valfaris has re-emerged after a long time. Once a self-contained paradise, now inhabited by ever-growing darkness. The players take control of Therion, who once sat on the throne in Valfaris, seeking out avenge his homestead and challenge every evil in sight.
Time to rip the galaxy a new hole with these awesome features of the game:
- Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
- Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry
- Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris
- Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird)
- Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour
- Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant
- Forged from the ground-up by the team behind the cult hit Slain: Back From Hell
Valfaris will be blasting through your speakers starting November 2019, for both the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.