Adventures of Pip, the charming retro-inspired platformer from Tic Toc Games where a single pixel evolves (and devolves!) between three forms to become a hero, is available now on Nintendo Switch with updated features, optimizations, and quality-of-life improvements.
Set forth on a grand adventure as digital underdog Pip to save the land of Pixelonia from the evil Queen DeRezzia. Pip’s prophesied powers enable him to evolve from a single pixel all the way to a heroic 16-bit sprite. Transform between three equally awesome forms, traverse five themed worlds, save abducted villagers, and fulfill Pip’s destiny to rescue the princess.
Trek through beautiful stages like the Lava Labyrinth and Galena Caverns all while trampling Queen DeRezzia’s minions. Learn the art of weaving between Pip’s different forms in order to master every level. Glide through the air and slip through small chasms as 1-bit Pip, leap off walls, climb ledges, and punch baddies as 8-bit Pip, then cut down enemies and obstacles as the sword-wielding 16-bit Pip.
Search high and low for secrets, including 108 kidnapped villagers hidden throughout the world.Along the way, gather Gems held by enemies and hidden in treasure chests for powerful upgrades. Buy the Heavy Gloves to crush blocks as 8-bit Pip, or purchase the almighty Cerberus sword upgrade that lets 16-bit Pip launch blade blasts. Pip needs all the strength he can get to defeat towering bosses like the devious Cragken and colossal Lord Magmalith.
“Giving Adventures of Pip a new home on the Nintendo Switch system allowed us to make some tweaks that make the game even more delightful. We hope Pip’s journey charms new and returning players alike.”
Marc Gomez – Director, Tic Toc Games
Adventures of Pip’s improved Nintendo Switch debut offers an even smoother experience than before. Pop back into town quickly with a new menu system. Check Achievement progress on the go by viewing them in the Pause menu. Zip around as 16-bit Pip with increased speed and automatically collect dropped Gems. There’s never been a better time to join Pip’s journey and jam out to Jake Kaufman’s (Shovel Knight, Shantae: Half-Genie Hero) triumphant soundtrack.
- Evolve Pip from a single pixel by absorbing pixels from his fallen foes. Each evolution and devolution comes with their own abilities!
- Dynamic 2D pixel environments with lovingly detailed animations, breathtaking backgrounds, and larger-than-life characters!
- On Nintendo Switch, enjoy the new uniquely gratifying achievement quests by finding secrets, saving townspeople, and perfecting levels!
- Epic music orchestrated by Jake “Virt” Kaufman, composer for Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, Bloodrayne: Betrayal, Shovel Knight, and more.
- Development team credits include: River City Girls, Contra 4, Ratchet & Clank: Going Mobile, BloodRayne: Betrayal, DuckTales Remastered, and more.