Modus Games revealed during the Nintendo Indie World showcase that Cris Tales will be making its long-awaited debut when it launches on July 20 across Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Steam, Epic Games Store, GOG, and Stadia for $39.99.
The new trailer above that shows off the breathtaking, hand-drawn locales of the past, present and future that Crisbell and her allies will travel to as they save the kingdom of Crystallis. Also showcased was the game’s vibrant, breakneck combat that will function differently in each era, providing more ways than one to take down your opponents.
A limited-quantity Collector’s Edition is also available to pre-order now which includes an art book, pins, Matias plush, character stickers, and more.
Cris Tales is an era-bending JRPG created by Colombian developer Dreams Uncorporated where past, present and future are brought together on one screen. Players can use Crisbell’s amazing ability to slip between time periods to both aid citizens across Crystallis’ kingdoms and perform surprise attacks on enemies. If Crisbell wants to save her magical world from the evil that threatens it, she must make use of her power to shape the past, present and future while gathering allies that will help her in her quest.
The game has been highly anticipated since its reveal at E3 2019, where it won several accolades and nominations, including Best Indie Game, and was recently nominated for Best Indie Game and Best RPG at Gamescom 2020. Players can head to the Xbox Store, PlayStation Store, Nintendo eShop, Steam, or GOG to download the demo on their platform of choice now.
Key features as shared on Steam:
- A Love Letter to Classic JRPGs – Inspired by timeless JRPGs like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Valkyrie Profile, and modern classics like Bravely Default and Persona 5, meet and recruit a unique cast of teammates, challenge myriad enemies, and make your way through an expansive world.
- Experience the Past, Present, and Future Simultaneously – Peer into and learn from the past, decide on actions in the present, and alter the course of the future in ways that will reshape the world dynamically depending on the choices you make.
- Master Strategic Turn-Based Combat – Warp your enemies into the past or future, synchronize attacks for enhanced group abilities, and master the timing of attack and defense to go beyond your party’s limits in combat.
- Uncover a Fascinating Story & Characters – The Empress’ plot to destroy the world is complex and layered. Use your wits and recruit powerful allies throughout the world to uncover and undo her multi-faceted web and make your way to the True Ending of this enchanting tale.
- Discover a Beautiful World – Climb aboard an airship or boat and traverse this handcrafted, dark fairytale world. From the shining kingdom of Crystallis to the slums of Saint Clarity, discover each unique location and shape its future.
For more of our previous post, check out the links below:
- Stunning, Time-Bending JRPG Cris Tales Arrives this coming July
- Time traveling RPG – Cris Tales Collector’s Edition Available Now for Pre-Order, Limited Quantities Available
- Time travelling RPG – New Cris Tales 14 minute Gameplay Battles Across Time, Showcases Breathtaking and Reactive World
- Indie time travelling RPG – Cris Tales presents a Gamescom 2020 trailer
- Classic JRPG Cris Tales, announced for Stadia