Publisher Sony Interactive Entertainment and developer Housemarque recently showcased a few new terrifying enemies in Returnal, a Third-person horror shooter. The creatures shown were named Mycomorph, Titanops, Automaton, Gorgolith, Ixion, and infected scout; that will test your survival abilities on Atropos. Returnal is due out for PlayStation 5 on April 30th worldwide.
Game details as presented on the official Sony website:
After crash-landing on this shape-shifting world, Selene must search through the barren landscape of an ancient civilization for her escape. Isolated and alone, she finds herself fighting tooth and nail for survival. Again and again, she’s defeated – forced to restart her journey every time she dies.
Through relentless roguelike gameplay, you’ll discover that just as the planet changes with every cycle, so do the items at your disposal. Every loop offers new combinations, forcing you to push your boundaries and approach combat with a different strategy each time.
Brought to life by stunning visual effects, the dark beauty of the decaying world around you is packed with explosive surprises. From high stakes, bullet hell-fuelled combat, to visceral twists and turns through stark and contrasting environments. You’ll explore, discover and fight your way through an unforgiving journey, where mystery stalks your every move.
Designed for extreme replayability, the procedural world of Returnal invites you to dust yourself off in the face of defeat and take on new, evolving challenges with every rebirth.
- Fight to survive in this third-person roguelike shooter.
- Take on ruthless enemies in explosive, bullet hell-fuelled combat.
- Manage equipment and resources carefully – every time you die, you restart from the beginning.
- Scavenge alien tech for upgrades to enhance your abilities in future cycles.
- Piece together fragments of Selene’s memories as she seeks out answers.
- Forge a personal connection with the planet as you explore its constantly evolving and decaying terrain.
If that term sends a shiver down your spine, or if you have no idea what it means, then this piece on how @Housemarque created Returnal’s otherworldly enemies is for you: https://t.co/k94LBC7R8G pic.twitter.com/7t5A61T4L4
— PlayStation Europe (@PlayStationEU) April 14, 2021
Check out our previous contents as per the links below: