PRISMATIKA and Spiritus Games has launched the techno-fantasy roguelike Fabular: Once Upon a Spacetime as a PC Early Access title via Steam, Epic Games Store, GOG and Humble Store. To commemorate the launch, a brand new trailer showcases the game’s unique sci-fi-infused vision of the Middle Ages, and unveils a challenge from the most fiendish foe in Fabular to date—The Magister
Fabular: Once Upon a Spacetime is an epic starfaring tale, brought to life through a stellar combination of pixel art and hand-drawn illustrations. Players will chart a course across the galaxy, battling, looting and upgrading their ship as they duel rival knights in gripping physics-based melee combat.
Early Access Launch Features
- Embark on a perilous quest in a procedurally generated universe, where friends and resources are scarce. Prepare your ship before each battle and plan ahead for combat across 3 realms with unique end-bosses—every mistake could be your last.
- Battle your enemies in top-down, tactical physics-based action combat and overcome thrilling duels at the tip of your sword using 2 playable classes with unique upgrade trees containing 35 “talents” each.
- Loot your fallen adversaries to upgrade your arsenal of weapons, shields and equipment with over 50 unique items to suit your playstyle and survive the next fight. Make life-or-death decisions as you manage critical resources wisely, or risk being stranded in space.
- Die and try again. Return to the throne room after each defeat, unlocking new persistent upgrades for an edge on future runs. Meet new faces and seek guidance from old friends, as the court expands throughout your journey.
- Save your kingdom against all odds by carving your path through the galaxy, challenging rival knights to intense close-combat encounters… and if you fall in battle, be prepared to do it all again.