Lost Eidolons, a classic, turn-based tactical RPG by Ocean Drive Studio, launched its first playable demo as part of Steam Next Fest, following a new trailer at the “Play for All Showcase” at E3.
Lost Eidolons is a tactical turn-based strategy RPG taking place in the epic fantasy world of Artemesia and has captivated the interest of fans looking for a meaningful single-player experience.
Backed by over 1,000 supporters, the game exceeded its Kickstarter goal of $45,000 to assure a togglable “Permadeath” feature will be part of Early Access. Players who backed a physical Collector’s Edition will receive it when the game reaches full launch next year. For those who missed the Kickstarter, Ocean Drive Studio created an extended pre-order opportunity via Backerkit for both digital and physical editions that runs until June 22. Supporters via Kickstarter or Backerkit will be invited to participate in a series of beta tests coming up later this year.
Lost Eidolons is estimated to begin early access in late 2021 and will advance to a complete launch in 2022. The game will launch worldwide on PC and Xbox consoles after Steam Early Access.
“This isn’t just a demo, it’s a first chance to help make the next great turn-based RPG – This is an opportunity to be a part of a community that’s going to help us define Lost Eidolons as a game.”
Jae Kim – Ocean Drive Studio CEO
Game details as shared on Steam:
Engineer your victories in a bid to reclaim a war-ravaged empire
Lost Eidolons is a strategic turn-based RPG set in a western fantasy world called Artemesia. Cycle between the tactical turn-based grid combat and an out-game unit management system to prepare, outwit, and prevail in each of the sequences and discover the outcome of the revolution.
Eden is a reputable mercenary in his hometown of Lonetta. When an aristocratic conspiracy causes his fall from grace, he is left with no choice but to follow the machinations of fate that will engross him into a ploy to overthrow the conquering Emperor, Ludivictus. A journey riddled with moral dilemma, bitter farewells, and emotional betrayal; Eden’s journey will force him to discover who he really is on this grand stage.
- Strategic turn-based tactical combat – Leverage the terrain and careful positioning to execute synergistic effects, and the unique strengths of your army’s composition to deal with any enemy encounter. How you employ your strategy allows you to minimalize casualties on the battlefield.
- In-depth character customization – Unlock new equipment, discover over a dozen unique combat classes, and arm your units with a varied selection of skills and spells that will help them seize victory.
- Deepen allied bonds – Take time to strengthen the resolve of allies and see this effort yield powerful results on the battlefield. Leverage affinity with visiting NPCs in the camp to recruit over 30+ potential new fighters to your army.
- A carefully crafted classic story revolving around the bonds formed between comrades struggling for freedom in a continent marred by war and political turmoil, along with a backstory that is influenced by the mythos of the Four Symbols of the Chinese constellations.
- Beautifully orchestrated original soundtrack by the talented composer Clark Aboud, the brilliant mind behind the score of memorable games such as Slay the Spire and Factory Town.