Publisher Auroch Digital and developer Mode 7 announce City simulation game The Colonists set for May 4th release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
This relaxing city-building game was inspired by classics like The Settlers and Anno. The Colonists combines charming robots and automated production to make a satisfying settlement building game.
Harvest resources and set up production lines. Construct road, boat, and train transport systems. Discover new lands and battle for survival. Increase the complexity and reap huge rewards as you chase productivity zen.
WHAT’S NEW IN THE CONSOLE VERSION?
We’ve worked hard to make The Colonists just as great on consoles as it is on PC, here’s what’s new:
- New Controls: Re-designed controls from the ground up to feel natural and fun on consoles
- Controller Optimized UI: A re-imagined user interface to be more accessible for players of all types
- New Robot Hats: Some little cute touches here and there including some snazzy new robot hats (TeaBot’s hat is our favorite ☕)
ABOUT THE GAME
The Colonists is a relaxing city-building game. Help these cute robots build their dream settlement. Each bot has a job to fulfil, from harvesting crops and fishing at the lake, to transporting resources and discovering distant lands. Help them work together to achieve automated harmony.
- Harvest: Gather Resources like wood, iron, stone, fish, and lots more
- Refine: Turn resources into useful items, like bread, bricks, and planks
- Build: Create homes, farms, and factories for your bots to live in and work on
- Research: Advance technologies from steam trains to space rockets
- Expand: Increase the complexity and reap rewards as you chase productivity zen
- Campaign: 14 missions split into separate peaceful and military branches
- Sandbox Mode: Customise various game settings to play the game how you like
- Challenge Trophies: Special speed-run challenges which test the most expert colony builders