Indie developers from Doji is bringing us this detective novel/business management game with elegant 2D graphics in a comic book styled concept to Steam for PC users. Coffee Noir differentiates itself to many other games by combining clever and challenging entertainment, with an advanced economic engine designed by academics and equipped with actual market functions giving a complex business simulation to all players. Check out the trailer below:
A coffee shop fronts itself for crime-fighting!
In an alternative future, the world of 2021 is ruled by coffee and Neo-London goes crazy for it. Recently a mysterious crime has happened to one of the city’s main coffee businessmen. The player discovers the story as Arthur Oliver, a hard-boiled detective who has to work undercover as a coffee salesman to gain the trust of the industry’s tycoons who might have the information that will help solve the case.
He unexpectedly becomes a part of London’s dreadful puzzle and must find out why Richard Kersey, a businessman on the local coffee market, disappeared without a trace. The worried family believes that one of Richard’s business partners is to blame. Thus, for the first time, the detective will have to work undercover as a businessman to covertly take on this puzzle undetected.
Key features of the game:
- Business management – manage your team, handle production, invest in promotion, and don’t let your coffee business go bankrupt – you have to plan your strategy carefully as you deal with limited resources!
- Deep negotiations – successfully negotiate and gain the trust of your business partners to not only win the good deals but also to get the clues essential for solving the criminal mystery.
- Intriguing detective story – feel the sweat on your brow while solving the case of Richard’s disappearance. Don’t get yourself easily swayed – this story may be more complicated than it may seem at first glance!
- Noir audio-visual setting – Coffee Noir is inspired by classic American comic books and equipped with film noir mood and retro-future ambiance with professional voice-overs. Feel the atmosphere of 40’s – retro-style interiors, smooth jazz, dense cigarette smoke, and a smell of good coffee while wearing the classy detective outfit…
- Interactive comics – see the story unfold in the form of interactive comics with full SFX and voiceovers. Experience it like if you were holding a comic in your hands, but also… like if you were present right there, with the characters.
- Realistic economics strategy – the game was developed with the support of professional economists and academics to provide you with a thorough business simulation experience.
Players can expect to begin investigating in Coffee Noir in Q4 2020.