Funktronic Labs has announced that their vibrant 80’s inspired skateboating game, Wave Break, is coming to Steam and Nintendo Switch this Summer. Wave Break captures the feel of classic arcade skateboarding games with a dash of boating and a pinch of online shooters. Check out a commentary trailer below:
Wave Break captures the feel of classic arcade skateboarding games with a dash of boating and a pinch of online shooters. The game offers a complete single-player campaign as well as online competitive game modes that range from Death Match to Trick Attack.
Since it’s early launch on Stadia last year, the team has added new campaign missions, a new Warehouse level, a brand-new Park Creator bringing 6 different themes ranging from tropical to neon, 100s of premade park pieces, custom ramps, grinds, and geometry tools, and the ability to create parks in real-time by yourself, or with friends in multiplayer!
Play with friends or compete online via split-screen local couch co-op and ranked online multiplayer in Trick Attack, Deathmatch and Free Play modes. Then, it’s skateBOAT or die in campaign mode as the rivalry between Wave Break’s usual suspects plays out in an episodic storyline involving guns, kickflips, and blood money.
Trick out your ride and get new threads too via unlocked skills and items that’ll have you shredding Wave Break in style. From tropical beaches to frozen tundras, experience skate parks in a brand new way with a dynamic and high-tech physically-based fluid simulation.
Game key features:
- Arcade SkateBOATING Moves – Chain together sweet trick combos to boost your score, and fill up your special meter to perform special physics-defying moves for massive points
- Boat on Boat Violence – Shoot your opponents with a selection of firearms in aquatic vehicular combat, and build your special meter to go into “bullet time” for slow-motion precision shooting
- Online and Local Multiplayer – Play on the couch with a friend in local split-screen, or play with other players online, with rank-based matchmaking and private matches
- Competitive Game Modes – Compete for the highest score in Trick Attack, gun down your opponents in Death Match, and take over territory in Turf War
- Single Player Story Campaign – Challenge the classic style objectives, collectibles and score missions, as well as an episodic storyline of guns, kickflips and blood money.
- Park Creator Madness – Create the park of your dreams using our advanced Park Creator in-game! Create and edit ONLINE with friends, or do it solo for super-focus. Custom artwork supported, both spraypaints and full 3D models! Steam Workshop fully supported! Try out other’s parks to get some ideas for your own, or play them with your friends!
- Fresh Synthwave Soundtrack – Vibe out to an evolving ’80s inspired Soundtrack featuring brand new original music from an array of acclaimed artists
- Boat Loads of Customization – Stop by the “Beach Boutique” shop for the latest fashions to dress up your characters, visit Jimmy Jimbo to purchase different boats, accessories, and skins, and don’t forget to hit the Gym to buff up your character’s stats and attributes
Wave Break is now on closed beta until March 21 for players who are interested to jump in and give it a try!