Shiro Games, the French indie studio behind multi-million seller strategy game Northgard, announce their latest game Wartales, available now in Early Access on Steam (PC) at a starting price of 34.99€ / 29.99 GBP / $34.99.
Source: Shiro Games | Unlimited
Wartales is an open-world tactical RPG where the player leads a group of sellswords to accomplish goals, amass a fortune, and embark upon dangerous and thrilling enterprises, shaping their gaming experience as they go. As the group evolves, they will explore the remains of the Edoran Empire, ravaged by the Great Plague, and much more.
As players traverse a massive open world, they can build and develop their camps, craft weapons, support mercenaries, and engage in innovative turn-based combat.
The Early Access version will include three regions, two of them completely new since the first demo of the game, and will have regular updates every two months, expanding the vastness and possibilities within Wartales’ world.
Players will be able to discover the Kingdom of Edoran in one of these regions, who are eager to conquer their neighbours through its famed Legion, and learn more about the historical landmarks that have contributed towards or played host to many of the worlds most significant events over the years gone by.
- Journey through the gigantic world of Wartales and explore each of its corners in your quest for notoriety, wealth, and recognition.
- Explore lively and vibrant villages, vestiges of a forgotten time, abandoned mines, deserted camps and more that litter this vast continent as you unravel the history of the world.
- Fight your way out of perilous situations with a new twist on tactical turn-based combat, as you are confronted by wild animals, fearless bandits, and more.
- Recruit new companions with unique specializations, skill sets, and weapon preferences in order to create a multitude of possible builds.
- Accept contracts that will see you defend, liberate and save the many inhabitants of the land, be they good-natured people just trying to make their way or those with less honorable motives.
- Collect bounties! From the most insignificant petty thieves to the land’s most notorious figures, there’s no such thing as a profit too small to take.
- Enhance you and your companion’s capabilities with a deep and intuitive RPG progression and crafting system.
- Improve your group’s equipment by gathering materials and crafting powerful new weapons and tools.
- Develop your camp, adding new amenities, tools & equipment to increase your group’s morale and efficiency.