Developer Chucklefishis adding on more free content for Wargroove: Double Trouble for all supporting platforms. More co-op gameplay, new story campaign and 3 new outlaw commanders; introducing the mighty Wulfar, troublemaker twins Errol and Orla, as well as the maleficent Vesper.
New added features via the Wargroove Blog:
- Co-Op new Story Campaign, with an option to play couch co-op, online co-op or even solo.
- Two new added Units of Thieves and Riflemen.
- New Arcade missions.
- Competitive online Quick Play maps, including some of the community’s most competitive maps as voted for by the Groove of War team.
- Public and Private Multiplayer Lobbies – you can now also play custom campaigns online.
- New Volcano map theme and more updates to the custom Editor tools.
- Outlaw music tracks, composed by Phonetic Hero.
Wargroove: Double Trouble will give you more control than ever over your custom maps, campaigns and cutscenes:
- Unit Modifiers – We’re enabling players to modify the damage that any unit/structure receives as a percentage, including making them invulnerable. We’re also looking into a teleport unit action for the editor.
- Meta locations – We’re adding support for ‘metalocations’ which indicate where things last happened on the map, for example, the last attacker, last defender, last recruit, last unit used, last movement path, last death etc. There will also be new actions for locations, such as copying a location area, moving location by (x, y), and boolean operations between locations.
- Gizmos – New place-able entities with an on and off state such as levers and chests. Using gizmos you can override terrain (e.g. draw bridges) and will also be able to enter new actions to set and toggle the gizmo state, as well as new conditions to check it.
- Counters – We’re adding new actions to perform arithmetic between counters as well as setting the counter to a random value, and load/storing counter values to some other variables (HP, Groove etc.). There’s also a new condition to compare counters.
- Actions can now play sounds.
- Map upload slots will also be increased so players can upload more maps at once.
- Volcano biomes are now available in the map builder for all your lava needs.
Last but not least, this update also includes balance adjustments to a number of units and Commanders:
- Spearmen – Cost increased from 150 to 250 gold.
- Dogs – Cost decreased from 200 to 150 gold.
- Amphibians – Damage vs structures reduced, crit damage now decreased from 45 to 55, to 35 to 45.
- Amphibians – Cost increased from 250 to 350 gold.
- Trebuchets – Cost increased from 900 to 1000.
- Balloons – Cost decreased from 500 to 450.
- Balloons – Can now only carry the same units as wagons
- Harpies – Minimum base damage vs structures increased from 45 percent to 50 percent.
- Koji – Drones now take 50 percent damage from all units instead of 800 percent damage.
- Sedge – Sadistic rush charge speed increased from very slow to slow.
- Tenri – Tornado charge speed decreased from medium to slow.
- “M” (secret Commander) – Groove charge speed increased from slow to medium.
- Ryota – Blade dash charge speed increased from medium to fast.
- Ryota – Blade dash now starts at 50 percent commander damage.
- Ryota – Blade dash now increases in damage by five percent commander damage per “jump” on blade dash route.
- Ryota – Can now dash through neutral structures.
- Commander – Minimum base damage vs soldiers increased from 95 percent to 115 percent.
- Commander – Minimum base damage vs spearmen increased from 65 percent to 75 percent.
- Critical hits no longer increase RNG damage range. All damage is max plus/minus five percent, even after crit.
- Killing non-unit summons (vines, crystals, etc.) will no longer build a groove.
Wargroove is currently available for Xbox One, Playstation 4, Switch, and PC. No specifics on the DLC release date yet, so stay tuned.