Pixpil and Chucklefish announced the gorgeous BAFTA-nominated 2D adventure title Eastward is available on Xbox and Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass. Featuring mesmerizing pixel art, a fantastical narrative and a stirring soundtrack, Eastward promises delightful towns, strange creatures, and even stranger people!
Set in the near-future, society is starting to collapse, and the human population is at an all-time low. A deadly toxic presence has spread across the land, destroying and devouring everything in its path. Escape the tyrannical clutches of a subterranean society and join Eastward’s unlikely duo on an exciting adventure to the land above! Discover beautiful yet bizarre settlements and make new friends as you travel across the world by rail.
Eastward for Xbox features:
- A single player, dual character adventure RPG with puzzle-solving and dungeon elements
- Joining John and Sam in their emotional journey across a world falling to ruin
- Meeting a quirky cast of characters, encounter strange monsters and distant cities
- Beautifully rich pixel art, created using a combination of modern 3D lighting and
- retro-pixel style artwork
- Soundtrack composed by Joel Corelitz (Death Stranding, Halo Infinite, The Unfinished Swan, Gorogoa), with sound design from Irish studio, Hyperduck Soundworks
Eastward is available on Xbox for £21.74/$24.99/€24.99 and on Game Pass on 1 December. For our past review of this game, check out the link provided.