Game developers JanduSoft S.L and Grimorio of Games have announced that the monster summoning action-RPG Sword of the Necromancer will now launch on January 28th, 2021 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC, a month later than originally planned. This extra time will allow the developers to add a final layer of polish to bring the game to its ideal state.
In the meantime, the second developer diary for Sword of the Necromancer has been released showcasing the inspirations and direction of the art and music that adorns their impending monster summoning dungeon-crawler. This is the second of three videos to be rolled out before launch where the development team provides insight into the making of Sword of the Necromancer.
“As much as we want to get Sword of the Necromancer into the hands of the players, it is more important that the game meets our vision first – Releasing in January 2021, allows us to refine the game experience further and also avoid the craziness of the next-gen consoles launch window. Rest assured that the final product will be worth the wait.”
Developers at JanduSoft S.L and Grimorio of Games
Sword of the Necromancer is a dungeon-crawler action-RPG with roguelike elements where you can revive your defeated enemies to make them fight alongside you. Turn your foes into allies using the forbidden powers of the Sword of the Necromancer and help the rogue Tama reach the dungeon’s depths to summon enough power to bring her beloved priestess Koko back from the dead. Assemble a small army of monsters, equip yourself with weapons and relics, and level up to take on the guardians that stand between you and your goal.
Each attempt gets you closer to the Necromancer. Upon death, you’ll lose all your equipped weapons and monsters, but you will retain part of the level you achieved in your run. As you scour deeper through the dungeon you’ll uncover more of Tama and Koko’s past. Don’t want to go it alone? Then use the Flask of Homunculus to create a copy of yourself and play with a friend in a local co-op! Additionally, there are IR codes that can be scanned to make the game easier. Or harder. The choice is yours!
Key game features:
- Turn your foes into allies: use the Sword of the Necromancer to revive defeated monsters and make them fight alongside you.
- Gather weapons and relics: each weapon is different from the others thanks to the procedural weapon generation system, which gives them various effects and attributes.
- Fight with all your might: defeat your enemies using a variety of weapons and objects and dominating the fluid head-to-head battle system.
- Level up: enhance your character by fighting enemies and upgrade your stats. Improve your summoned monsters by fighting alongside them.
- Death is not the end: Each try gets you closer to the Necromancer. You will lose all your equipped weapons and monsters, but you will retain half the level you achieved in your run.
- Learn the truth: Discover Tama and Koko’s past as you advance through the dungeon.
- Local co-op play: Use the Flask of Homunculus to create a copy of the playable character and play with a friend in local co-op game.