Psyonix, an independent video game developer and publisher, has announced that the ‘Friends Update’ will go live in Rocket League on February 19 for all platforms (pending first party certifications).
The content included in the Friends Update is:
- Friends List – The update will see the introduction of Friends List (previously referred to as RocketID), the long awaited Cross-Platform Party system. For the first time in Rocket League, players will be able to invite friends from other gaming platforms to Parties and Clubs.
- Season 9 Rewards and Start of Season 10 – Season 9 Competitive and Extra Mode Rewards will be available and the update will also signal the beginning of Competitive Season 10. Take a look at Season 9 Rewards HERE
- Various Quality of Life Improvements
ALL YOUR FRIENDS IN ONE PLACE
- The Friends Update will bring a new Friends List to the main menu. Here, you’ll be able to see the online status of all of your Rocket League friends regardless of their platform. The Friends List is split into four tabs: Friends, RocketID, Recent Players, and Alerts.
- The Friends Tab will display your friends on your current platform. The RocketID Tab will show your online friends on all other platforms. After the update, every player will be auto-assigned a RocketID, which will be your username followed by four randomly-generated numbers. You may change the word portion of your RocketID at any time.
- The Recent Players tab conveniently shows players you were recently matched up with or against. If you had solid team chemistry with a randomly-matched player, you can easily send that player a Friend Request from the Recent Players tab if they are on a different platform.
- Finally, the Alerts tab will house all of your player interactions like Friend Requests, Party Invites, and Club Invites. Yes, Clubs are now Cross-Platform, too!
Check out the video below to see the new user interface and learn everything you need to know about the Friends Update.
EXTRA MODE TRAINING, COMPETITIVE SEASON 9 REWARDS, WEEKLY WIN DISPLAY, AND MORE
Extra Modes are coming to Free Play! Following the update, players will be able to jump into Dropshot, Hoops, Snow Day, and Rumble to practice for as long as they like. Soon, you’ll be able to train and prepare for your journey to Grand Champ in the Extra Modes!
Additionally, Weekly Wins will no longer be a mystery. The Friends Update will add the number of Weekly Wins you have left, which will appear on your XP screen following each game.
The Friends Update will deliver your Competitive Season Rewards based on your placement in Competitive Season 9. Check out our Spring Roadmap to learn more about those rewards.
Here’s the Friends Update at a glance:
- Friends List with Cross-Platform Parties
- Competitive Season 9 Rewards, start of Competitive Season 10
- Extra Modes in Free Play
- Weekly Win Display
- Additional Bug Fixes and Improvements
- … and more!