2K and Gearbox Software has released New Tales from the Borderlands worldwide. The new choice-based, narrative adventure game expands further the Borderlands universe and is available now on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5 (PS5), PlayStation 4 (PS4), Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store.
A spiritual successor to the beloved Telltale Games title, New Tales from the Borderlands is a brand-new game that carries forward the same sense of adventure and storytelling. Within the perpetually war-torn metropolis of Meridian City, players control three lovable losers on the worst day of their lives through deep, immersive story scenes, mini-games and free-walk sequences. Every choice that players make can affect how the story unfolds, often in unexpected ways.
With concept and writing collaboration between talent who worked on the original Tales from the Borderlands and an all-Gearbox production team driven by the incredible creative leadership of Gearbox Studio Quebec, we’re stoked for everyone to play New Tales from the Borderlands – The new storylines and characters will entertain newcomers to the Borderlands universe and those who have played and loved other Borderlands games.
Randy Pitchford – Founder of the Gearbox Entertainment Company
New Tales from the Borderlands contains a number of compelling narrative dynamics and features that bring the cinematic experience to new heights:
- Three Nobodies on a Mission. Decide the fates of altruistic scientist Anu, her ambitious, “streetwise” brother Octavio, and the fierce, frogurt-slinging Fran. With nothing left to lose and everything to gain, you’ll claw and con your way through this thrilling five-part story full of gun-toting goons, otherworldly beasts, and delicious tacos.
- An Explosive Cinematic Adventure. The Borderlands aren’t just home to Vault Hunters, bandits, and weapons-corp CEOs—they’re full of downtrodden, intrepid civilians just trying to get by. With a host of returning and fresh faces, including an assassin bot with comedic aspirations and a less-murderous-than-usual bandit, this unforgettable tale is sure to delight fans new and old.
- You Control the Final Outcome. The decisions you make determine how your story ends. Whether it’s Anu’s vision of a universe that uses technology to save lives rather than destroy them, Octavio’s dreams of fame and fortune, or Fran’s frosty plot for revenge—their success or failure depends on you.
New Tales from the Borderlands is available in two editions:
- New Tales from the Borderlands: Standard Edition is available for $39.99* on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store in digital format only;
- New Tales from the Borderlands: Deluxe Edition is available for $49.99* on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store in digital and physical formats, and includes the New Tales from the Borderlands as well as Tales from the Borderlands.
Geez, L0U13. Say it a little meaner why don't ya 😖 pic.twitter.com/LC4CHlbkB6
— Borderlands (@Borderlands) October 20, 2022