The team at Grimbart Tales is elated to announce a Spring 2022 launch window on PC for the studio’s debut title ITORAH, a dazzling action-platformer featuring beautiful hand-drawn environments and themes heavily inspired by Mesoamerican culture and legends.
In the game, a curtain of evil in the form of a plague looms over the beautiful and once-thriving Nahucan. Alone, and seemingly the last human on Earth, the titular Itorah and her mouthy companion, a sentient battle-axe, are tasked with navigating the treacherous lands and defeating deadly foes to liberate Nahucan and its inhabitants.
“I can promise you; behind the many layers of color leads a deep, emotional, and gloomy story that will appeal to all ages and leave you curious for more – Our goal is to create similar experiences for future generations and to allow space for older generations to revel in nostalgia.”
Artur Bäcker – Grimbart Tales Lead Artist, Creative Director, and Co-Founder
In the spirit of “easy to learn, difficult to master”, ITORAH captures the balance between platforming combat, puzzles, and impressive visual storytelling.
Truly a labour of love, the studio has thoughtfully captured the best elements of the 8- and 16-bit platforming days, blending them with gorgeous hand-painted assets and quality character animations. Explore a variety of diverse biomes, battle enemies ranging from pint-sized to leviathan, and solve the mystery of humanity’s disappearance in this strikingly beautiful and heartfelt adventure.
Game Features As Shared On Steam:
- Hand-Crafted Quality: Explore a beautifully realized world inspired by South and Central American landscapes, each lovingly hand-painted by the development team to breathe life into the world of Nahucan.
- Fluid controls: A staggering amount of animations brings Itorah’s amazing abilities to life while the player controls her.
- Good ol’ Fashioned Platforming: In addition to hacking and slashing her way through the landscape, Itorah will need to keep her jumping and dodging skills sharp to complete increasingly challenging puzzles and platforming challenges.
- Challenging boss fights: Face Nahucan’s voracious fauna and imposing boss fights.
- Unravel the Mystery: Is Itorah the only human left, and if so, what happened to everyone else? Get to the bottom of the mystery with plenty of exciting twists and turns along the way as the brave young warrior battles her way through lush forests, ancient temples, and more on her quest to save Nahucan.
- Make Friends Along the Way: As the old saying goes, the “real treasure is the friends we make along the way”. Meet a bunch of odd, quirky characters who may or may not help Itorah on her quest.
- Captivating sound design: ITORAHs lovingly crafted, dynamic soundtrack invites to lose yourself in the beauty of Nahucan.
🎮 Pre-Order ITORAH now and get an exclusive Pre-Order Discount:
— AssembleTeam (@AssembleTeam) November 23, 2021