Single-player cyberpunk isometric RPG Gamedec will be coming on PC Steam and GOG on September 16th as announced by publisher and developer Anshar Studios. Nintendo Switch version will be announce at a later date.
Gamedec is an authentic RPG experience where every decision is important and comes with consequences. The world in which you live adapts to each decision you make. As the story progresses, your hero adapts as well. Just like in “real” life, the consequences of your choices can be immediate, long-term, or stay hidden, surfacing only when you least expect them. Whatever you decide, the game will remain neutral, without judging your choices or suggesting “better” options. It is up to you to evaluate what you’ve done, bearing in mind that you are the sum of your choices.
Anshar Studios returns to the foundations of the RPG genre with their new game, built on mechanics like Deduction, the Codex, and Aspects. These allow for complex conversations and interactions as players create or expose networks of conspiracies while discovering unusual relationships between virtual worlds. Gamedec’s pen-and-paper based RPG mechanics give players the freedom to approach situations from multiple perspectives.
YOU ARE THE SUM OF YOUR CHOICES
Your goal is to hunt down the criminals of virtual worlds – rich and spoiled businesspeople, parents who want better lives for their children, corporations with plans to rewrite history. Are they acting alone, or are they mere puppets? What does a “happy ending” mean to you? To them? Each decision changes the world around you and your character’s personality. Some decisions will feel right, but others might be unexpected.
Sometimes you have to get your hands dirty. Remember, no combat doesn't mean that #Gamedec itself is not a violent game 😉
— Gamedec – cyberpunk | isometric | RPG (@GamedecTheGame) March 9, 2021
EXPLORE THE CYBERPUNK OF THE 22ND CENTURY
Welcome to Warsaw City in the 22nd century, where “real” is relative and “life” and “death” have many meanings. Real and virtual worlds have merged, giving rise to ancient vices: lust, sloth, pride, envy… That’s why everyone needs gamedecs – specialists who solve real problems in virtual worlds. Be it the Wild West or a prehistoric amusement park, these and many other worlds reveal our inclinations and weaknesses.
— Gamedec – cyberpunk | isometric | RPG (@GamedecTheGame) March 6, 2021
EXPERIENCE THE ESSENCE OF ROLE-PLAYING
Use your wits to gather info from witnesses and suspects, get to the bottom of deceptive schemes, save lives, and investigate the extraordinary relationships between virtual worlds and their inhabitants. Gamedec emulates the nature of tabletop RPGs by focusing on character development through decision-making. As in classic tabletop RPGs, you’re given the freedom to approach situations from multiple angles rather than forcing a single solution – the choice is yours and yours alone.
— Gamedec – cyberpunk | isometric | RPG (@GamedecTheGame) January 30, 2021
Gamedec General Features as shared on Steam:
- Interact with NPCs to gather intel and access different dialogue options depending on your choices, developed profession and acquired knowledge.
- Visit numerous virtual worlds – from the deceitful farm-like environment, through dark-noir cyberpunk realities to fantasy-based realms.
- Use your Codex and Deduction to unscramble facts and evidence to conclude the case. Find your own answer and respond accordingly to your own ethics, integrity or just a sense of poetic justice.
- Shape your Character through actions that grant positive or negative effects – Determine how to you want to be perceived by the other by selecting traits, which correspond to your gameplay style. Develop your own Gamedec through your decisions, choices, and actions.
- Meet various characters in both Realium and Virtualium that can be friendly, or hostile – depending on your decisions throughout the game.