What is this Dead Cells?
- A side scrolling ‘Dark Souls’ liked game that has sold 730,000 units on it’s early access release (on PC).
- A game that received over 15,000 ‘Very Positive’ ratings on Steam.
- Developed by Motion Twin. Available on Microsoft Windows, MacOS, Linux, PS4, Switch and XBOX One, on the coming August 7, 2018.
Here are few more supporting facts based on various findings:
- Randomized levels, procedural generation in each death
- Did I mention Dark souls? Steep difficulty
- skills will recharge fast, allowing fast paced massacre as a whole (Don’t forget to dodge tho)
- changing the pace, there will be certain areas with time gates, which is time limit to rush through certain areas for certain good rewards
- Art style, nostalgic visual background, 16-bit graphics
- 11 levels with different visuals ambiance and feels
- Estimated 30 hours game play (unless you are a speed runner)
- 20 different monsters (more in the future)
- 50+ different items, skills and experiment to kill your enemies.
- fast fluid, responsive movements
This game will not only depends on your skills as a player, but also based in RnG (loots, blueprints), management, health and damage which means Dead Cells takes all this into account as equal importance in this non-stop action game with satisfying combat.
The game will be released on all consoles, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One on August 7 (today), 2018.