The developers over at Gaming Minds Studios and publisher Kalypso Media Group has announced the continuation of their trading simulation Port Royale series with Port Royale 4, coming to all current-gen consoles and PC.
Plundering the Caribbean economically
Port Royale 4 is the newest addition to the series, bringing back the fundamentals of the previous games and bringing newer features to the fray for the players. You take control of an ambitious governor, seeking to grow their land and further improve economics and trade opportunities. Build connections with other lands to further your reach and status.
Players will also encounter rivals who seek to take your riches for their own, and it is up to the player on how they must defend it. Turn-based naval battle is now a new addition to the game, making for a fun and more exciting gameplay.
Some features the game brings:
- Take on four extensive single-player campaigns following each nation on their path to supremacy.
- Establish and manage the trade with 60 Caribbean cities in a huge 3D game world. Steer clear of cliffs, shallow waters and stormy weather regions to optimize your trade routes.
- Select from 50 buildings, including 25 production sites, to produce goods like rum or luxuries. Construct town buildings with neighbourhood effects to optimize productivity and manage the overall happiness of your citizens.
- 18 historically authentic ship types from the 17th century.
- Engage in tactical, turn-based naval battles with powerful captains.
- Licenses, building permits, new buildings and ships can be unlocked by growing your reputation within your nation.
Port Royale 4 has been given a Q4 2020 release date for the Playstation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam.