Publisher Modus Games released Override 2: Super Mech League digitally on Steam, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 for $29.99. The game will be coming to Epic Games Store at a later date.
In addition, Override 2: Super Mech League – ULTRAMAN Deluxe Edition, which includes four fighters from the ULTRAMAN series as part of the season pass, along with additional bonuses, launches across the same platforms digitally and physically for $39.99. Ultraman can also be purchased separately for $3.99 starting today, and the ULTRAMAN Season Pass, containing access to Ultraman along with the future characters Bemular, Black King and Dan Moroboshi is $14.99.
In tandem with the release, the game’s official launch trailer came crashing onto the scene, giving soon-to-be mech-wielders a look at some of the heart-pounding, blistering combat they’ll be getting into.
Override 2: Super Mech League gathers 20 distinctly devastating mechs for electrifying, over-the-top throwdowns for 1-4 players. Action is accessible to all and easy to jump into, but strategic depth in combat design means even the most skill-focused players will find a deeply rewarding, eSports-ready challenge. See if you have what it takes to rise to the top in the ‘Leagues’ career mode, or take on friendly multiplayer matches as you begin to hone your skills.
Key Fighting Features as shared on Nintendo
• Career Mode: Fight in Mech Leagues and soar to new heights, aiming to be the best mech pilot. Represent your Club and work together with its members to earn Influence and rewards!
• Ranked Rumbles: Two Mechs enter, one leaves. Battle through the competition and climb the ranks to become a legendary pilot.
• Mech Mania: 20 playable robots including brand-new mechs with unique abilities, skill sets, and Ultimate moves.
• Hazardous Arenas: Competitive fighting grounds that include dynamic elements such as geysers, lava pools, and platforms that encourage strategy and unexpected outcomes.
• Upgraded Game Modes: Pick your playstyle across match types including 1v1, 2v2, free-for-all and several games such as Xenoswarm, King of the Hill and more.
• Expansive Customizations: Unlock a slew of cosmetic items and attachments for your mech of choice in the Garage.