Well, of course the title was boring, what did you expect? A poetic title for a Bee Sim?
Bee Simulator by Varsav Game Studios. Whats so great about it? Bee-cuz it’s from a perspective of a humble-bee in Central Park, New York. And It will bee launched on Steam PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch later this year.
What do you do in this game?
Your story began when humans start cutting down a tree holding your hive. You and your whole families fate now lie on your wings (literally) as you fly through intuitively in the eyes of a tiny insect while saving whats left. Based on the trailer, the game looks great with realistic yet beautiful landscapes as if playing a Harry Potter game. As a Bee, strive through quests, collect pollen, race and dance your way through the stress of modernized civilization which is affecting your very livelihood. Yes, you will have enemies but you also have a sting and you are not afraid to use it. (Just remember, a Bee usually dies after stinging!)
What inspired Łukasz Rosiński, Creative Director of Varsav Game Studios for this game:
“One evening, when I was reading a book about bees to my daughter, I realized that the life of a family of bees is a premade script waiting for a family game. As a parent, I find it important to spend time together on activities we all find interesting and attractive. We designed the Bee Simulator to be such a game”
Well, there goes any genuine chance of us ever getting a review code for this game….. Bee-cause our editor couldn’t keep his mouth shut, and in addition to that, he also said, for the best effect, I should find a nice ‘Bee Movie’ screenshot to quote his words with.
Based on original steam content, the main features of the game:
- A unique chance to see the macro scale world from the micro perspective of a honeybee;
- A realistic representation of a place inspired by Central Park;
- A possibility to interact with the surroundings: people, animals, plants, and other insects (hornets too);
- Lack of violence – it’s a perfect choice for parents seeking a game to safely play with their children;
- Relaxing music composed by Mikołaj Stroiński, who was responsible for the soundtrack of such games as The
Witcher 3 and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.
- Three diverse modes enriched with educational elements (yes there will be facts or fun facts in this game)
- One-player story mode presents you with a family of bees. Will you save the hive from the threat of human beings or?
- Exploration mode allows you to freely discover a world inspired by Central Park in New York
- A split-screen mode can be either used for cooperation or competition. It includes an additional map that makes the game even more fascinating