Developer Black Seven Studios and DANGEN Entertainment have released a brand-new trailer for their upcoming retro survival action RPG, Kingdom of Night, and have simultaneously launched a Slacker Backer campaign via Fangamer.
Funded on Kickstarter, Kingdom of Night made a strong showing with an early demo at BitSummit 2019, showing off its isometric action RPG gameplay that takes place in an 80s-inspired rural town of Watford, Arizona where the neighbourhood gets thrown into chaos when a group of cultists summon a demonic invasion.
About Kingdom of Night
One night, in 198X, in the small town of Watford, Arizona, a satanic cult unwittingly summons the ancient evil, Baphomet, catapulting the town into chaos. John, awoken by the kidnapping of his neighbour, sets out into the night to fight back against the demonic invasion and rescue his friends before it’s too late.
Kingdom of Night is an ’80s themed isometric, story-driven, action-RPG with an expansive, interconnected map and open-ended quest system. It is a game about coming of age, cosmic horror, and true love. The player takes control of John as his adventure leads him through an hour by hour experience of what may be everyone’s last night on Earth. He will encounter unearthly evils, Demon lords, afflicted townsfolk, high school bullies, and a torrent of engaging, serial-like side stories all nested in a larger-than-life fantasy that brings the ultimate evil to a neighbourhood near you. Players can choose their own class, customize their abilities, battle nightmarish creatures, and collect unique items and equipment in order to infiltrate the massive lairs of demon lords that have taken over the town.
• Combines elements of action-RPG and adventure through small town 80’s aesthetic
• Customize John’s abilities with 9 unique classes in three distinct categories: Melee, Magic and Ranged
• Interact with citizens of the neighbourhood and engage in a wide array of quests
• Local Co-op Mode allows players to team up with friends
• Nostalgic synthwave soundtrack, featuring one key theme by iconic 80’s movie soundtrack composer, Vince DiCola (ROCKY IV, THE TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE)
The game is set to release in 2021 on PC, Switch, PS4, Xbox One.