Razer has recently announced the release of their new Razer Huntsman V2 Analog Keyboard. A feature-packed peripheral equipped with Analog Optical Switches, Razer’s new cutting edge switch innovation. Gamers can now unlock a whole new dimension of gaming with the ability to adjust and program their keyboard to exact millimeters of precision.
The Razer Analog Optical Switch is not only a ground-breaking evolution in keyboard switch technology, but also the key to unlocking an unparalleled gaming experience. The unique innovation combines three components: analog input, adjustable actuation, and dual-step actuation.
- Analog input – the analog input emulates an analog joystick for smoother, more nuanced control. This finesse removes the limitations of the standard 8-way WASD movement and allows for a full 360-degree feel as to how console controllers bring to the table.
- Adjustable Actuation – Users can custom tune their key actuations to suit their playstyle, ranging from a quick actuation of 1.5mm for fast-paced gaming to 3.6mm for deeper and more deliberate strokes.
- Dual Step Actuation – a single keystroke can simulate two programmed functions at two different actuation points. Think of it like this, you take out a grenade, then throw towards your enemies. That’s two keystrokes. Imagine being able to do it in the same keystroke? Fire in the hole!
“We are constantly innovating at the forefront of gaming keyboard switch technology. Through iterations of testing and research with our community, we have designed a completely new switch that opens the door to a whole new gaming experience.With the new Razer Analog Optical Switch technology, gamers can now reap the benefits and unlock the full potential of PC gaming to experience absolute control.”
Alvin Cheung – Senior VP, Razer Business Unit
Community Driven Upgrades
As the latest addition to the Huntsman family, the Razer Huntsman V2 Analog includes new upgrades driven by community feedback from the Huntsman Elite while also retaining its fan-favourite form factor and media keys with a digital dial.
Due to popular demand, double shot PBT keycaps have been added for a sturdy, textured finish, as well as a standard bottom row that allows for further customization. Razer utilizes a double shot plastic molding process to create a more durable keycap as compared to traditional ABS plastic found on most other keyboards. These double shot PBT keycaps will also be available in various regional layouts, including UK, German, French, Nordic, Russian, Spanish, and Japanese. Razer also offers additional personalization with the PBT Keycap Upgrade Sets sold separately in Classic Black, Quartz Pink, Mercury White, or Razer Green.
The new Huntsman V2 Analog keyboard also features improved connectivity. For extra versatility and convenience, the keyboard is now powered by a single braided cable, with a second cable allowing for optional USB 3.0 passthrough. Users also have the option to choose between USB Type-C or USB 3.0 Type-A via an included adapter.
Game with Chroma Integration
The Huntsman V2 Analog is fit for the ultimate RGB Chroma battle station. Following in its predecessor’s footsteps, the keyboard shines brilliantly with underglow lighting from every side – including around its now bezel-less plush magnetic leatherette wrist rest.
Gamers can personalize a variety of lighting effects with a selection of up to 16.8 million colours within the Razer Synapse 3 software. In-game Razer Chroma lighting effects are also integrated into popular game titles and can display tutorials, dynamic effects that react to gameplay and more.
The Razer Chroma experience can extend to other devices for even more immersive visual feedback. Razer Huntsman V2 Analog owners may pair it with other Razer Chroma-enabled products and synchronize with smart lighting in the home via Philips Hue® integration with Razer Chroma.
New Analog Optical Switches, a broad range of improvements from double shot PBT keycaps to streamlined connectivity options, and full Razer Chroma integration make the new Razer Huntsman Analog the most advanced, most versatile and most customizable Razer keyboard ever.
Key features of the Huntsman V2 Analog:
- Razer™ Analog Optical Switches
- 100 million keystroke lifespan
- Razer Chroma™ RGB customizable backlighting with 16.8 million colour options
- Razer Doubleshot PBT Keycaps
- USB Type-C to USB Type-A Adapter
- USB 3.0 Passthrough
- Underglow lighting
- Magnetic plush leatherette wrist rest
- Multi-functional digital dial with 4 media keys
- Fully programmable keys with on-the-fly macro recording
- Hybrid onboard storage – up to 5 keybinding profiles
- N-key roll-over with anti-ghosting
- Gaming mode option
- Braided Fiber Cable
- 1000 Hz Ultrapolling
- Aluminum matte top plate
For more information regarding the new Huntsman V2 Analog, visit Razer’s website here to check out how you can get your hands on one.