In October 2021, many intriguing upcoming games continue to pop up, including an anime fighting game, a Metroid game, a shooter game, a rogue-lite game, an action-adventure, a card game, and an RPG game. The October lineup covers a wider range of genres and offers something for everyone. Hope ya’ll have a great month.
Demon Slayer – Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Hinokami Chronicles
Demon Slayer – Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Hinokami Chronicles, which will be released on October 15th by SEGA for PlayStation and Xbox consoles.
After the release, SEGA will provide additional content for Demon Slayer . Among other things, players can look forward to new demons that are included in one of the three free updates. The versions for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X get a performance mode with 60FPS, which will also be part of a free update after release (60 FPS in story mode and in the fights; 30 FPS in the cutscenes).
- Exciting Arena Battles – The game features spectacular skills and a variety of characters from the anime, including Tanjiro and Nezuk. Defeat challengers in head-to-head battles, locally and online.
- Intoxicating drama – take the sword of Tanjiro Kamado in hand and accompany his journey on which he becomes a demon slayer in order to transform his sister Nezuko into a human again.
- Exciting boss fights – action and drama culminate in specially designed battles against powerful demons that test Tanjiro’s skill.
- Original Anime Voice Actors – The original English and Japanese voice actors for the anime are returning for an authentic gaming experience.
Demon Slayer – Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Hinokami Chronicles will be released on October 15th, 2021, for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X | S, and Xbox One in stores and digitally on Steam.
Over the course of your journey, you may come across someone in need of your help, which will kick off a side mission during the chapter.
Listen to their story, and you may be rewarded for your time. pic.twitter.com/sP5y81VT32
— Demon Slayer: The Hinokami Chronicles (NA/EU) (@demonslayer_hc) September 29, 2021
Far Cry 6
Join the Guerrilla to free Yara on October 7th, 2021 for Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Stadia, and PC, exclusively on the Epic Games Store and the Ubisoft Store.
Game details as shared on the official website:
As Dani Rojas (playable as a female or male character), you will help stoke the fires of revolution through guerrilla warfare across the island of Yara, from verdant jungles to the urban streets of the capital city, Esperanza. You’ll use a powerful array of weapons and vehicles, and build a network of allies to fight alongside you, including Fangs for Hire like Chorizo, the dangerously distracting wiener dog. As President Castillo prepares his son Diego, played by Anthony Gonzalez (“Coco”), to succeed him, you will do all you can to ensure his plans don’t come to fruition.
Travel is better with friends 🤝
— Ubisoft (@Ubisoft) September 24, 2021
— Ubisoft Music (@UbisoftMusic) September 27, 2021
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
Eidos-Montréal will be releasing Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy on PlayStation 5 console, PlayStation 4 console, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One consoles, PC, and streaming via GeForce NOW on October 26th
Game details as shared on Epic Game Stores
LEAD THE GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
FROM MISFITS TO SUPERHEROES
⚪️ Speak into the ominous helmet
🔘 Put the ominous helmet down
— PlayStation (@PlayStation) September 29, 2021
Metroid Dread, The first 2D Metroid game with a new story in 19 years is coming on October 8th, 2021 to Nintendo Switch.
Game Details as shared on Nintendo
Join bounty hunter Samus Aran as she tries to escape a deadly alien world plagued by a mechanical menace
Upon investigating a mysterious transmission on Planet ZDR, Samus faces a mysterious foe that traps her in this dangerous world. The remote planet has been overrun by vicious alien lifeforms and murderous robots called E.M.M.I. Hunt or be hunted as you make your way through a labyrinth of enemies in Samus’ most intense side-scrolling adventure yet.
Samus is more agile and capable than ever
Guide Samus Aran, an intergalactic bounty hunter raised by an ancient tribe, and traverse the many environments of a dangerous world. Parkour over obstacles, slide through tight spaces, counter enemies, and battle your way through the planet. Through her countless missions, Samus has never experienced a threat like the dread of ZDR.
Just like other Metroid games, when Samus is in Morph Ball form she can use well-timed bombs to move up or diagonal. Keep the rhythm up, if you mess up the rhythm Samus will drop!#MetroidDread launches on 10/8!https://t.co/aNSRCp1jo4 pic.twitter.com/ktJaFxWpq6
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) September 27, 2021
Power up and find more ways to explore and secrets to uncover
Gain abilities and return to previous areas to find new areas and hidden upgrades in classic Metroid gameplay. Planet ZDR’s sprawling map is home to many secrets to discover and powers to find. You’ll need to be prepared to evade and destroy E.M.M.I. robots and overcome the dread plaguing ZDR.
A new Samus amiibo figure featuring her suit from Metroid Dread and an E.M.M.I. amiibo figure is available in a 2-pack set. Scan the Samus amiibo for an extra energy tank to increase your health by 100; additionally, the Samus amiibo can be tapped again to receive health once per day. The E.M.M.I. amiibo grants Samus a Missile Plus tank, increasing her missile capacity by 10; additionally, the E.M.M.I. amiibo can be tapped again to replenish some missiles once per day.
Disco Elysium – The Final Cut
ZA/UM has confirmed that Disco Elysium – The Final Cut will be released on the Xbox family of consoles (Series X/ S and One) and Nintendo Switch on October 12th, 2021 on digital.
The Final Cut brings the residents of Revachol to vibrant life with the inclusion of one million professionally voice acted words by actors from all over the world, as well as adding brand new political vision quests. Explore unseen areas, encounter an expanded cast of memorable citizens, and leave an even bigger mark on the world, all with ‘quality of life’ gameplay enhancements and added replayability.
Disco Elysium – The Final Cut Enhancements
- New Political Vision Quests: Face the reality of your worldview as your political compass leads you down new paths. Discover more citizens, a whole extra area, and monumental sights as you leave an even bigger mark on the world by chasing your dreams.
- Full Voice Acting: All the city’s beautiful people are brought to life with full voiceover. Play characters against each other, try to help them or fall hopelessly in love as each word is spoken to you with the appropriate accent and emotion.
- Improved Playability: Full controller support and customization let you play with your preferred setup. Enjoy an expanded range of language options. See the difference when playing in 4K resolution and at 60 frames per second on Xbox Series X.
- Real Role-Playing: Customize your character with wildly different skills, clothing items, and tools – from guns to a flashlight and a boombox. Develop new ideas in the detective’s Thought Cabinet to change how you approach and handle each situation.
- Unprecedented Freedom: Death, sex, taxes, and disco – nothing is off the table in this open world. Solve a massive murder investigation or relax and kick back with sprawling side-cases. Disco Elysium’s revolutionary dialogue system lets you do almost anything.
Back 4 Blood
Warner Bros. Games and Turtle Rock Studios released the official Back 4 Blood Launch Trailer celebrating the upcoming release of the dynamic first-person co-op shooter. Players can jump into the action when Back 4 Blood launches on October 12th on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One Consoles, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC.
The new video follows the spirited zombie-slaying crew of Cleaners as they fight back against the infected, unrelenting horde known as the Ridden, in an effort to reclaim the world for mankind. In addition to the high-intensity cooperative campaign, the trailer also shows off the head-to-head, competitive PvP (player vs. player) Swarm mode, which allows teams to swap between playing as the Cleaners or the Ridden.
About the game
Back 4 Blood is a first-person co-op zombie shooter from the creators of the critically acclaimed Left 4 Dead franchise and features thrilling, dynamic moment-to-moment gameplay and highly variable, customizable action to keep players coming back for more. The Back 4 Blood story takes place after a catastrophic outbreak where most of humanity has either been killed or infected by the parasitic Devil Worm. Hardened by unspeakable events and emboldened to fight for the last of humanity, a group of apocalypse veterans called the Cleaners have rallied to take on the infected horrors known as the Ridden and reclaim the world.
— Back 4 Blood (@back4blood) September 29, 2021
— Back 4 Blood (@back4blood) September 28, 2021
BPM: Bullets Per Minute
Playtonic Friends announce that BPM: Bullets Per Minute, the first title from its new publishing label, will be launching on PS4 and Xbox One on October 5th. BPM: Bullets Per Minute is a fast and frenetic rhythm-based shooter that brings dungeon-based shooter action to the table, but encases it in a world where every single move – every shot, every jump, and every dodge – is pulled off to the beat of an epic rock soundtrack.
BPM: Bullets Per Minute Console features:
- Playable up to 4k @ 60fps on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S
- Shoot, jump and dodge to the beat while battling hordes of enemies.
- Fight powerful bosses in challenging boss battles that will push you to the edge.
- Explore randomly generated dungeons.
- Choose from 10 different characters with unique strengths and weaknesses.
- Wield a powerful arsenal of weapons, all with different behaviour for firing and reloading to the beat of the soundtrack.
- Battle a diverse array of enemies, each with unique rhythmic behaviours.
- Get overpowered and fire shotgun rockets while flying through the air.
- Utilise abilities that radically alter the way you play the game, from teleport to freezing bolts.
- Equip over 60 items that buff your character in unique and interesting ways.
- Experience an epic rock opera soundtrack.
- Challenge modes for extra gameplay.
BPM: Bullets Per Minute will launch on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One (playable up to 4k @ 60fps on next-gen consoles) on October 5th.
Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars
Square Enix announced that Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars, a unique new card-based RPG, will be available digitally for the Nintendo Switch system, PlayStation 4 console, and PC via Steam on October 28th, 2021.
Watch the brand-new trailer for #VoiceOfCards The Isle Dragon Roars ✨
Journey through a world depicted entirely by cards in this unique tabletop RPG from the creative minds behind @NieRGame and Drakengard ⚔️
Available on Switch, PC and PS4 on October 28th.
— Square Enix (@SquareEnix) September 24, 2021
Set in a world of swords and sorcery, the game is told entirely through the medium of cards. Players will follow the protagonist as he sets off on a journey to defeat a recently reawakened Dragon, that is threatening the land and its people, in hopes of securing an immense reward. He is joined on his travels by his companions; Mar, a monster very attached to him, and Melanie, a black witch with a grudge against the Dragon. Players will need to make choices throughout the story, as well as join in turn-based field and dungeon battles that unfold on a board, in the manner of traditional tabletop RPGs.
Eager to learn more about #VoiceOfCards The Isle Dragon Roars? Our free demo is available now on Switch, PS4 and Steam! 🐲
— Square Enix (@SquareEnix) September 25, 2021