The Stuttgart-based publisher Strictly Limited Games has announced that the long-awaited title Ultracore will also appear for the Nintendo Switch on June 30th. There will also be a limited Collector’s Edition for both the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
Ultracore is a Eurostyle Metroidvania platformer which was developed by DICE and was planned to be released around 1994/1995. However, the idea was abandoned until recently back in 2017 where Strictly Limited Games managed to get the original copy of the game and worked on bringing back the retro treasure for PS4, PS Vita and Switch.
This game will feature a new soundtrack along with the original soundtrack from the 1990s as Strictly Limited Games have collaborated with FiXT Neon to include more tracks to the game. Ultracore is especially appealing to classic 2D action game enthusiasts with its intricate level design and numerous mid and end bosses.
- An important piece of video game history (Original title: Hardcore)
- Originally developed for Sega Mega Drive / Genesis, Sega Mega-CD and Commodore Amiga
- Bug fixes and improvements to boss mechanics
- Improved and optimized for modern consoles
- Run and shoot through five large stages with tons of secrets to discover
- Collect and upgrade various weapons to use against your enemies
- TWO hardcore soundtracks to choose from. The original soundtrack from the 90s and a brand new synthwave / electronic soundtrack with more than 20 full-length tracks of some of the genres most talented artists such as Scandroid, Mega Drive, Waveshaper, Fury Weekend, 3Force and many others!
Ultracore is expecting to be available on Nintendo eShop this May/June 2019.