Just when everyone seemed to have forgotten about this game, Square Enix decided to kick the saloon door wide open and throw in lotsa Chibi Final Fantasy Characters to melt our hearts. Maxima is just an updated version of the original game, the World Of Final Fantasy (released in 2016) with a new DLC option for players who has the original game. The DLC is priced at 2400 yen (equivalent to roughly RM88.63).
This trailer was shown via Nintendo Direct by developer Square Enix, stating the following changes:
- More summons (new Champions) via classic Final Fantasy Character and Mirages (monsters)
- New Feature referred to as Avatar Change that allows you to play as some of those champions, rather than just summoning them
- New characters are added, such as Zack Fair from Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7, Firion from Final Fantasy 2, Serah from Final Fantasy 2 and Noctis from Final Fantasy 15 so expect to see them in chibi version!
- Players may engage in a new activity like fishing, based on Noctis favourite hobby
- Cecil Harvey from Final Fantasy 5 and Y’shtola from Final Fantasy 14 online has been announced recently on the official Japanese website link, as newcomers to this series.
- There are some more blank pages on the website, so stay tuned for more info.
This maximised version of the game will be released on November 6, 2018, on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC Steam.