Skyhill is a rogue-like survival game from developer Mandragora and published by Daedalic Entertainment. The game resembles a 2D take on survival games like Dark Souls with RPG elements and constant deaths… but the game does tell you that “you are going to die A LOT!!!” So yeah, you have been warned? Here is the description of the game from Daedalic Entertainment.
World War III was one cruel tragedy, at least for the others. You seemed to have a quite nice time, hidden in your fancy penthouse at the Skyhill Hotel… Till the impact of a bio-weapon blew away the life you once knew.
● Roguelike RPG gameplay in an apocalyptic survival setting
● Feels fresh every session – randomly generated maps
● Gain experience, craft weapons and look for useful objects
● Face an army of nightmarish creatures
● Go for the head or land a body shot – but choose wisely
● Everything you find can be helpful
● Difficulty levels give you the chance to actually survive this, or try to outlast this hell under the worst conditions
● Open end – is there still hope? Come and find out!
● Various special abilities to unlock
● Turn based combat with a sophisticated risk and reward system
● Fast travel with the elevator
Fans of this genre can try their hands on the game when it releases on the October 24 on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.