An update for Severed Steel, the intense movement shooter developed by Greylock Studios, has now been rolled out for all console versions – Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series.
The ‘Rogue Steel’ update, which first launched for the PC version in October last year, brings various new features, including a new game mode, new levels, and new weapons. In addition, the Switch, PS4, and PS5 versions have also been updated to support gyro controls.
The full list of new features included with the Rogue Steel update:
- New game mode, Rogue Steel
- Gyro controls (Switch, PS4, PS5)
- 23 new Firefight mutators unlocked through Rogue Steel
- 6 new weapons
- 5 new modified enemy types
- 8 new exclusive Rogue Steel levels
- New Cannon Mode: Cutting Beam
- 10 Character skins to unlock in Rogue Mode
- 15 Cannon skins to unlock in Rogue Mode
The new Rogue Steel mode features rogue-lite elements and challenges players to complete a run across a number of randomly chosen levels. At the end of each level, players choose a card, which applies an upgrade or effect for the rest of their run. While most cards provide a buff, some increase the score multiplier but at the expense of a negative status effect.