Digerati confirms that Severed Steel, a stylish first-person shooter from developer Greylock Studio, will launch September 17th on Steam, Epic Games Store, and other PC storefronts. The publisher can also reveal PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch are now confirmed platforms, joining the previously announced PS4 and Xbox One versions. Console versions of Severed Steel will launch later this year.
Severed Steel is a single-player FPS featuring a fluid stunt system, destructible voxel environments, loads of bullet time, and a unique one-armed protagonist. It’s you, your trigger finger, and a steel-toed boot against a superstructure full of bad guys. Chain together wall runs, dives, flips, and slides to take every last enemy down.
- A unique fighter: Play as Steel, a nimble, one-armed sharpshooter on a mission. There is no reloading – pick your shots well and be ready to pry a loaded weapon from your enemies’ cold dead hands
- Stylish combat: Dodge bullets, leap off walls, slide kick, throw weapons – do whatever it takes to come out on top in intense and frenzied firefights
- Fully destructible environment: Pepper through plaster with sharp 4.7 mm rounds, punch through thick concrete with .50 cal slugs, or make big holes in things with your arm cannon
- Dynamic AI: No two battles are the same thanks to dynamic, unscripted, squad-based AI
- Accessibility: A range of adjustable settings for features such as difficulty, visuals, audio, controls, navigation, and more
- Level Editor (with Steam Workshop support): Build levels and share them with the community. Note: This feature is in beta and will continue to be updated post-launch