Publishers Scrambler and Peow Studio including multiple developers Beau Blyth, Nelson Boles, Valentin Seiche, Doseone, Adam Robezzoli, Evan Hemsley and YellowAfterlife recently announced that the PC game Samurai Gunn 2 will be coming in Early Access on PC this coming Summer 2021. Deflect bullets, fly through the air, and dash through your opponents’ blades with unique characters and special abilities.
Check out the trailer below and wishlist it if it’s up to your alley.
Game details as shared on Steam:
A Perilous Adventure
Welcome to the Forbidden Forest, a dangerous land protected by the Cursed Tengu. Launching with the 1st of 4 worlds, venture alone or with up to 4 friends cooperatively—online or on your couch! Includes 21 levels, 2 power-ups, 3 unlockable weapons, and a mysterious curse. Can you find them all?
Don’t blink! The original mode is back and faster than ever. It’ll take more than button mashing to prove yourself amongst friends! Launching with 9 VS levels: 2 all-new Samurai Gunn levels, 6 updated classic levels, and one ‘Friend’ level—based on Minit!
A Sword, a Gunn… and a Dash!?
Just like the original, each samurai is armed with a sword and gun, loaded with only 3 bullets. But shooting isn’t the only thing bullets are good for… By ‘swallowing’ a bullet, you can now Dash! Fly unscathed through your opponent’s slashes, just don’t Dash into a bullet head-on! A small addition that greatly expands the moveset and strategic possibilities.
A Samurai with Skills
Every character in Samurai Gunn 2 has abilities unique only to them. Run up walls, turn invisible, shoot explosive bullets, the list goes on! Discover new techniques and play styles with an ever-expanding roster.
- ? Directed by Beau Blyth, creator of Samurai Gunn and co-creator of Hyper Light Drifter
- ⛩ ADVENTURE MODE – Local + Online! Play solo or invite friends. Launching with the first of 4 worlds
- ?⚔️? VERSUS MODE – Local + Online! 9 VS Levels on launch.
- ? UNIQUE ABILITIES! – Every character is unique! 6 playable samurai on launch.
- ?? FRIENDS! – Ana from Spelunky 2 and Minit from, ummm, Minit!? Yes! Both have unique abilities straight from their original games.
- ? COMIC – Read Trigger Soul, a 200 page Samurai Gunn graphic novel by acclaimed French artist Valentin Seiche. Launching with Chapter 1 of 6.
- ? FUNN MODE – This setting tones down the violence and removes the blood for a family-friendly experience.
- ? SOUNDTRACK by DOSEONE – This game has so much music packed in it. FEEL the rhythm in your blood!
- ? A WHOLE NEW LOOK – Boasting the freshest art and animation from veteran Nelson Boles