Yacht Club Games (Shovel Knight) reveals a new Kickstarter project titled Mina the Hollower. Players take control of Mina, a renowned Hollower hurtled into a desperate mission to rescue a cursed island. As a mouse, the player can whip, drill, throws, and burrow as Mina explores a pixel-perfect frightful world reminiscent to me of Castlevania and The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening. Currently, there is no confirmation of a release date yet.
Game Features as shared on Steam:
- Hauntingly authentic 8-bit visuals in the style of Game Boy Color, refined for the modern era.
- Modern touches abound: detailed animation, widescreen visuals, and rock-solid controls!
- Leap, dodge, and burrow through the ground to battle monsters or navigate the world.
- Lash at foes with your trusty whip, Nightstar- or choose from an arsenal of weapons, each with a totally different move set.
- Discover and utilize a reliquary’s worth of unusual Sidearms to gain the advantage in combat.
- Collect and equip Trinkets to acquire a variety of exotic effects. Level Mina up to suit your unique playstyle.
- Electrifying MSX-style soundtrack by chiptune virtuoso, Jake Kaufman.
- Descend into the depths of madness with a bone-chilling, yet heartwarming tale inspired by Victorian Gothic horror.
- Explore a huge, dark world brimming with secrets, challenging battles, and interconnected level design.