Legendary Games brings Mordheim: Warband Skirmish to Switch
Mordheim: Warband Skirmish will be the first Warhammer licensed game on Nintendo Switch eShop. A premium version of the highly user rated (averaging a rating of 4.2/5) smart device application, it will launch worldwide on November 26, 2018, retailing at £19.99, $24.99 and €24.99.
Players explore the ruins of the City of Mordheim, clash with other scavenging warbands and collect Wyrdstone – valuable shards from the comet that destroyed the city.
The Switch version will include accelerated graphics and four factions to play from the start: Skaven – Skulking sinister rat-men who needs Wyrdstone to thrive and the three principle human mercenary protagonists Reiklanders, Middenheimers, Marienburgers each representing one of the factions pitted against each other in a brutal civil war over who should sit in the throne as Emperor.
More factions will follow in future updates as a DLC, including:
- Undead – Agents of the Vampire Counts, helping their bid to control the living
- Witch Hunters – Agents of the Grand Theogonist who will burn first and ask questions later
- Sisters of Sigmar – The only faction with remotely honourable intentions
- Cult of the Possessed – Men who have turned to the dark powers of salvation
No Rainbows and Sunshine.
CEO Ewan Lamont reminded that “Mario this isn’t, the Warhammer world is not cutesy and cuddly it is a brutal universe and it doesn’t get more dangerous than a ruined city teaming with rival warbands and monstrous horrors. A core game feature is permanent death and permanent injury!”
- Tactical turn-based gameplay with incredible action sequences
- Recruit, customise and train your Warband
- A rich, powerful and immersive fantasy world
- Continuous planned updates, including extra content and map variations.
- “Graphic novel” art style with a grim undertone perfectly setting the scene of the harrowing city of Mordheim
Mordheim launches worldwide on Nintendo’s eShops on November 26