The Pokémon Company is pleased to share the following news about the Nintendo Switch software titles Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet.
The latest trailer above shows that the school that you’ve enrolled in hosts a special independent study project where the theme of the assignment is “A Treasure Hunt”. These stories will be woven into your adventure as you traverse the sprawling, open-world Paldea region teeming with Pokémon.
1) Eight Pokémon gyms are scattered across Paldea, all managed by the Pokémon League. If a Trainer makes their way to the Gyms, defeats all of the Gym Leaders, and then passes the Champion Assessment at the Pokémon League headquarters, they can earn the coveted Champion Rank.
2) Arven’s research into healthy recipes for Pokémon has led him to seek out rare ingredients called Herba Mystica, which are said to immediately restore health once eaten. Herba Mystica are extremely rare herbs that can only be found in Paldea guarded by Titan Pokémon.
3) Players can face-off against those Team Star troublemakers. Team Star was formed by the school’s most rebellious students and is made up of several squads. Each squad is led by its own boss, each with their own base scattered across the Paldea region. These class-cutting delinquents cause trouble for all those around them, disturbing the peace and using pushy recruitment tactics.
4) Meet the never-before-seen Pokémon, Klawf, Armarouge and Ceruledge!
In addition to new regional Pokémon found across both Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet, different species of Pokémon will appear depending on which game the player purchases. Armarouge can be encountered in Pokémon Scarlet and Ceruledge can be encountered in Pokémon Violet.
Armarouge’s set of armor belonged to a distinguished warrior and is the source of the energy used for its Psychic-type moves. It also uses the psychic capabilities of this armor to control the fire energy within its body and unleash attacks.
- Category: Fire Warrior Pokemon
- Type: Fire/Psychic
- Height: 4’11”
- Weight: 187.4 lbs.
- Ability: Flash Fire
Ceruledge dons an old set of armor steeped in grudges and wields blades made of fire and ghost energy. In battle, these blades transform into great swords to increase Ceruledge’s power. Cuts from these great swords leave wounds from which life energy will flow.
- Category: Fire Blades Pokemon
- Type: Fire/Ghost
- Height: 5’3”
- Weight: 136.7 lbs.
- Ability: Flash Fire
The final revealed Pokémon Klawf can be encountered in both Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet.
Klawf can rotate their protruding eyeballs to see everything around them, eliminating all their blind spots. They can latch upside down onto cliffs to ambush their prey from above, however, they eventually get dizzy from the blood rushing to their heads, so they cannot stay upside down for very long.
- Category: Ambush Pokémon
- Type: Rock
- Height: 4’3″ (1.3 m)
- Weight: 174.2 lbs. (79.0 kg)
- Ability: Anger Shell / Shell Armor
5) New characters to meet along Victory Road are Ms. Geeta and Brassius.
Brassius, also known as the Verdant Virtuoso, is the Gym Leader of Artazon, a town alive with flowers and art.
He is always in search of artistic quality and uses his Gym Test to help judge a Trainer’s aesthetic sensibilities.
— Pokémon (@Pokemon) September 7, 2022
6) Team Star members in Starfall Street include Mela, the boss of the Schedar Squad (aka Team Star’s Fire crew)
About Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet
Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet are the first open-world RPGs in the Pokémon series and are coming to Nintendo Switch on November 18th, 2022. As you enjoy the hallmarks of the series: meeting, teaming up with, battling, training, and trading Pokémon – you’ll be able to immerse yourself in a newly evolved adventure. Players will journey to hone their skills as a Pokémon Trainer, but many more discoveries, stories, people, and Pokémon await.