Humble Games and Black Mermaid have revealed a new gameplay trailer during IGN Expo for their 2D Souls-like, Moonscars, which is coming Summer 2022 and is available to wishlist now for PC via Steam and the Humble Store.
The new trailer cuts deep into Moonscars foreboding dark fantasy setting, thrilling variety of combat skills and nonlinear levels that challenge players to sharpen their skills.
Additionally, a playable demo for Moonscars is currently available as part of Steam Next Fest from June 13th – 20th, a multi-day celebration of upcoming games.
In Moonscars, every death is a lesson learnt—and as you overcome each challenge, new truths will be revealed. As the fierce clayborne warrior Grey Irma, you must push your combat skills to the limit and master new abilities to progress through an unforgiving nonlinear 2D world. Facing off against the relentless, destructive darkness and cruel mistress the Moon, your quest is to find the Sculptor and unravel the mystery of your existence.
- Death shapes you – Before you rise, you first must fall. Mold yourself into a master warrior through a cycle of trial and triumph.
- A grimly gorgeous world – Explore the shadows and secrets concealed in the moonlight of a painterly nonlinear 2D realm marred by desperation and despair.
- Test your resolve – Sharpen your skills and reflexes in challenging, action-packed combat. Slash and parry with your sword, wield unique special weapons, and command powerful Witchery.
- The Moon hungers – Unearth a strange, dark fantasy tale filled with twists and intricate worldbuilding. Seek the truth of your creation and be rewarded.
- Clay, bone, and ichor – Bear witness to tales and memories of betrayal, suffering, and revenge as Grey Irma and her fellow beings of flesh and clay seek truth and purpose.