Defend as humanity’s last hope against the corrupted robots in Daemon X Machina by MARVELOUS! The launch trailer features the previous historical wars fought by humanity but the biggest challenge is yet to be faces with a much different threat. Expect dramatic action anime hyped antics with Kenichiro Tsukuda as the producer who previously worked on Armored Core.
The moon has crashed unto the planet
Creating an unknown energy called Femto affecting life around it. The energy has affected the AI created by humanity, giving it a will of its own; resulting with it rebelling against humanity. You as an outcast, have to get into the Arsenals and fight for humanity last hope.
As a mercenary, use your Arsenal, a fully customizable mechanized battle suit. Wield it’s weapons, gain and swap enemy weapons instantly; to suit your battle needs and strategy with ever-changing threats.
Here are a few features mentioned:
- The player avatar appearance will be able to be changed via the hangar (Lab), to modify and upgrade
- Certain skills in your outer (pilot) will be able to be carried over when you pilot an arsenal
- You are able to choose missions via the hangar console
- Your avatar, Outer has a remote controlled gun hovering above their shoulder
- You can sprint, the stamina bar is below the HP bar, manage it well while running
- Arsenal is able to skate while on the ground
- Orange markers displayed on the minimap (top right) indicates your objective destination
- The hangar has 4 players available, remaining 3 be it CPU AI or friends via multiplayer; with their own load out.
- Both online and local wireless multiplayer is available
- Boss battles will be a different mechanic, hitting weak points first knocking it down then stealing its weapons to be used against it
- CPU allies are able to distract the boss while you hit its weak points
- if you defeat the boss, its weapons can be obtained for research purposes for future weapons development
- Heavy metal songs will be played in this game, making it punchy as producer Kenichiro Tsukuda really loves Metal (he mentioned he really is into a german band called Rammstein)
- Sound effects, created with musical instruments making players feel that they are playing a melody while shooting, giving it a sense of rhythm (Kenichiro Tsukudacalles calls it a melody of destruction)
- Additionally, a femto energy bar will be shown beside the stamina bar when you are in your arsenal, which works like a mana points in standard RPG’s, there will be rpg elements in this game.
- Mentioned that Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates designer Yusuke Kozaki will be handling the cool character designs for this game
Bring out your inner mecha needs as Daemon X Machina is coming soon on September 13, 2019, for Nintendo Switch.
If interested, kindly refer to our links below for our previous coverage: