Feardemic, publisher of horror-oriented games, and King’s Pleasure, a newly-established development studio formed by ex-developers of Cyberpunk 2077, Serial Cleaner and Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York, unveiled the first-ever trailer for Cosmic, an action-adventure game set in a multilayered universe where light and shadow dictate its metaphysical rules. Cosmic is set for release during the course of 2022 on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch.
Game details as shared on Steam:
In Cosmic, the player controls Vik, a seemingly cute yet mischievous being whose sole and best friend is his own shadow. One day, due to a thoughtless wish, Vik loses his shadow and finds himself powerless at the bottom of an unknown world. However, Vik soon discovers that he has acquired a new, bigger shadow – that of a powerful beast whose owner is already on the hunt for him. Will Vik and his new shadow manage to cooperate and survive in this dangerous journey across time and space?
- A mysterious universe inhabited by weird characters whose shadows have their own distinct personalities, where light and shadow dictate its metaphysical rules
- Fast-paced 2D gameplay with two distinguished styles: use the light to unleash the beastly shadow attached to Vik and perform deadly melee combos or use agility and subterfuge to escape danger while in the dark
- Multiple exotic worlds to explore with expansive maps filled with puzzles, secrets, and challenges. Find new items, unlock new abilities and use them to travel back and forth through space and time to explore what you previously couldn’t access
- Flawlessly fluid animations that enhance the gameplay experience, and a distinguishable art style that plays with contrasts
- Developed by a team of industry veterans who worked on Cyberpunk 2077, Serial Cleaner and Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York, and more!
“With its unique art style and vibrant color palette, Cosmic is a very welcomed addition to the roster of Feardemic’s 2022 releases. We are confident that the game’s fresh style of horror narrative will be far more accessible to a much broader audience of all ages. Horror games, unlike most other video game genres, are nearly always identified on the basis of their narrative direction rather than a gameplay type, and, more often than not, horror hides where you least expect it.”
Scott Millard – Feardemic’s CEO
“Cosmic represents for us the first opportunity to truly express our creative identity and has been a long-held dream project of mine that encompasses a unique visual style and an engaging story that teems with a wide range of human emotions – fear, empathy, compassion, lostness. I believe this will make Cosmic an experience that resonates with many different kinds of players”
Łukasz Wiśniewski – King’s Pleasure’s Founder