Blizzard Entertainment has revealed that the first season for Diablo IV will be called Season of the Malignant. A new corruption has emerged in Sanctuary and the season will be kicking off on 20th July 2023.
Following how seasons worked in passed Diablo games, players will be starting a Season Journey fresh with the new features and gameplay mechanics. This allows players to try different classes and builds witH everyone starting on an even playing field. After the season concludes, all seasonal characters will be migrated to the Eternal Realm where players will be able to access them permanently.
SEASON 1 DETAILS
- A New Adventure Arrives: A dangerous new threat roams the land in the form of Malignant Monsters. Team up with Cormond, a former priest, to stop the spread of the Malignant at all costs.
- Fight the Infestation: Destroy these Malignant Monsters by drawing the corruption from them and trapping their Malignant Hearts, which can then be inserted into Rings and Amulets.
- No Prior Experience Required: New players will be able to jump into seasonal realms and play through the main campaign as they learn the basics and then go straight into the season content and new systems introduced. They will also be able to progress along parts of the season journey and battle pass as they play. Hardcore players will be able to create new characters and experiment with new builds or classes as they play through the season journey. Seasons add an entirely new way to customize characters and build up their power as they take on end game challenges.
- Season Journey: This multi-chapter objective system rewards players for completing each chapter. With multiple Chapters, you can earn Favor from rewards which will progress the Battle Pass.
- Battle Pass: By earning Favor through regular gameplay or purchasing optional tier skips, players can earn rewards as they complete Battle Pass tiers. The Battle Pass offers a free tier where everyone can earn Season Boosts to accelerate player progress. If a player chooses to purchase the paid tier, they can also earn exclusive Battle Pass cosmetics.
More details will be unveiled with an article which will be coming on 18 July which shed more light on what’s coming with the new Season, including 6 new Unique Items and 7 Legendary Aspects.
Diablo IV is available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC with cross-play available between consoles.