Borderlands 3 third campaign add-on is now out. Bounty of Blood will bring vault hunters to the harsh frontier planet of Gehenna. Players are task to take out the beast-riding Devil Riders gang and help the town get back on its feet. Here are some of the new featured that come with Bounty of Blood:
- Traverse the open plains of Gehenna atop the new heavily-armed Jetbeast vehicle
- Leverage four new interactive objects that add complexity and variety to combat encounters
- Enjoy the company of an unseen narrator as you tackle new story and side missions
- Help rebuild the town of Vestige, where each of your successes has a tangible impact
- Take on a host of additional Crew Challenges, like tracking down treasure or claiming bounties on beasts and bandits alike
- Collect new Legendary loot and cosmetics pried from the cold, dead hands of rowdy gang members and feral critters
In order to reach Gehenna with an existing Vault Hunter, you’ll need access to Sanctuary III, the starship you unlock by completing Episode 5 of Borderlands 3‘s main story campaign. When you’re ready to travel to Gehenna, look for the wanted poster on the table in front of the Quick Change station on Sanctuary III.
Alternatively, you can create a new Vault Hunter, bypass the opening acts of the Borderlands 3 story, and head straight to Gehenna. Once the campaign add-on is installed, select “Play” on the main menu, followed by “New Game.” You’ll then be able to choose which storyline you’d like to jump into.
Bounty of Blood is the third of four campaign add-ons included with the Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition and Season Pass. It’s also available for purchase separately, though you will need to own a copy of the base game in order to play the add-on content.
Regardless of whether or not you own Bounty of Blood, today’s patch serves up a free level cap increase, which means your Vault Hunter can unlock three additional levels and skill points on their way to the new maximum level of 60.
The patch also includes additional tweaks to end-game levelling system Mayhem Mode 2.0 and high-level gauntlet Takedown at the Guardian Breach, which launched earlier this month. These tweaks include new Guardian Rank skills, new class mods, additional damage scaling to skill damage, and more. To see the full contents of today’s patch and hotfixes, please refer to this web article.