Indie publisher Ratalaika Games, together with Venturous, has announced the released of Voyage, a relaxing and beautiful cinematic journey of exploration for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and Nintendo Switch. This imaginative, eye-catching cooperative adventure game is one not to miss which is already grabbing some really amazing quotes and review scores!
Billed as a side-scrolling casual adventure, Voyage offers much more with its aesthetics and ongoing changing settings, following two survivors who find themselves on an unknown planet. Their travels, whether you decide to play by yourself or cooperatively, will consist of many obstacles that halt and hinder their ability to progress forward. Experience the journey, piece together memories through broken statues and interpret murals to unravel a mystery of the past.
When playing Voyage in single-player mode, as opposed to two player cooperatively, one of the two protagonists in the game acts as an AI companion as if you were to play the game with a friend. You can choose which of the characters to control at any given time, interact with objects and climb together, tell each other to follow or stay put and even hug. This shared experience is an integral part to the narrative as the journey will revolve around two survivors in search for answers of a long-forgotten past. Embark on a voyage, unravel a mystery and find a way home together.
- Shared experience – Work alone or with a friend to guide two survivors and explore the world of Voyage in a seamless cooperative experience
- Hand-painted – Lose yourself in Voyage’s sprawling hand-painted environments.
- Wordless narrative – Seek answers in a mysterious, wordless journey
- Non-violent – With an emphasis on exploration over violence, Voyage can be enjoyed by anyone without much difficulty
- Immersive soundscape – Music and sound by Calum Bowen, composer for Snipperclips, Pikuniku and Lovely Planet