Buka Entertainment and Ravenscourt have announced the release date for their upcoming ‘Beat ’em up’ action game, the 9 Monkeys of Shaolin.
Launching on October 16, 2020, the game will be available on the PS4, Xbox, Switch, and PC both digitally and physically. There has been no news for a Stadia launch yet.
About 9 Monkeys of Shaolin
As a mere Chinese fisherman Wei Cheng, you have to avenge the death of your friends and family who were slaughtered during a pirate raid at your peaceful village.
Now armed with a polearm and vengeance, the hero seeks revenge by kung-fu-ing his way through medieval China, fighting hordes of various enemies, showing no mercy.
This action-packed title promises user-friendly controls and a reminiscence of Kung-Fu movies from the 70s
Key Features Include;
- 3 unique fighting styles: fight on earth, in the air or use mysterious magic seals. Combine these elements to defeat enemies on your way.
- Captivating narrative: discover the fascinating story of Wei Cheng and follow him as he rises from a simple fisherman to the master of Shaolin martial arts.
- Stunning visual style: unlikely combination of historical and mystical elements gives you an exciting experience from scene to scene
- Extensive character development system: various unlockable perks, items, and fighting styles.
- More than 25 different levels: Chinese villages, pirate ships, Buddhist monasteries, Japanese mansions, ancient ruins, and many more.
- 10 types of Chinese and Japanese polearms, each with its unique traits. Explore the game world to find new items!
- Co-op play: invite your friend to help you fight through growing waves of enemies and complete the game together.
9 Monkeys of Shaolin launches this October 16, on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC in both digital and physical forms.