Electronic Arts and Maxis announced new content for The Sims 4, revealing updates to the Neighborhood Stories System. The update includes a set of gameplay improvements that revolve around bringing more life to Neighbor Sims that live outside of the active household!
The first major addition is life changes for all Neighbor Sims, with or without relationships to the active household. The new Neighborhood Stories System opens up interesting, autonomous changes all over the world, bringing richer, fuller lives to Neighbor Sims that will evolve over time, including being able to:
- Adopt young Sims into their household, aged infant to toddler
- Become pregnant with their Significant Other, and deliver
- Adopt a dog or cat
- Join or leave careers; Elder Sims can also choose to retire
- Move into and out of lots
- Die in various kinds of accidents, depending on Age, Traits and a Sims’ Career
The second major addition features a new set of gameplay controls that allow a player to tune which life changes Neighbor Sims can and cannot have. The Neighborhood Stories System can be configured in a few ways:
- Independent configurations: Players can choose to enable or disable each type of life change and even disallow all Neighborhood Stories in specific households
- By default: Neighborhood Stories can be enabled for Other Households and disabled for My Households
- Household-specific configurations: Each and every household can have its own configuration, allowing Simmers to tailor life changes that make sense to that household’s storyline
- Global enable or disable settings: Neighborhood Stories can also be entirely disabled under Game Options
To keep tabs on all of these changes, players can check any recent Neighborhood Stories interaction via any mailbox. If they are so inclined, they may also visit Neighbor Sims to see their life changes in action!
Simmers! Today's base game update adds even more ways to bring life to the Sims who live outside of your active household 🏡
From adoptions to careers, deep dive into the new additions & updates to Neighborhood Stories on the blog: https://t.co/1tzFOPknGi 💚😱 pic.twitter.com/1pzBBsvEGf
— The Sims (@TheSims) March 15, 2022
Simmers can also look forward to The Sims 4 Décor to the Max Kit, the latest kit curated for players looking to elevate any room from basic to instantly inspirational with expressive, eclectic pieces. The bold, bright decor takes center stage in this collection, making it easy to lean into maximalism design principles that have a little bit of everything. The Décor to the Max Kit will launch on March 21st for PC and Mac via Origin and Steam, PlayStation 4 and 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One.
— The Sims (@TheSims) March 16, 2022