Creators of unique hand-drawn indie games Thunder Lotus have shared fresh new gameplay from Spiritfarer, about the “cosy management game about dying”. The second gameplay teaser shows some of the game’s dynamic levels, which serve as a counterpoint to Spiritfarer’s cosy management gameplay and emotional narrative. Spiritfarer is scheduled for release in 2020 on Xbox Game Pass, Xbox One, Windows PC, PlayStation®4, and Nintendo Switch™.
In addition, the developer has announced its plans to participate in the upcoming Steam Game Festival – Summer Edition by hosting an AMA on June 10, 2020. Thunder Lotus looks forward to discussing its approach to delivering an experience that is both entertaining and emotionally moving in Spiritfarer, as well as answering any other questions the studio’s fans may have. Fans are encouraged to check Spiritfarer’s Steam page for upcoming details about the AMA event.
“It’s great to be able to showcase some of the great gameplay variety we’re building into Spiritfarer with this Teaser – The game’s development is coming along very smoothly, and our great community has been quite vocal about their anticipation. I look forward to fielding their questions during the AMA.”
Spiritfarer Creative Director Nicolas Guérin
What will you leave behind?
As Ferrymaster to the deceased called a Spiritfarer, Stella seeks to care for her spirit friends, nurture and guide them into mystical seas in order to release them into the afterlife.
Key Afterlife features as presented at Steam
- Enjoy beautiful hand-drawn art and animation.
- Build, manage, and improve your own ferry.
- Farm, mine, fish, harvest, cook, weave, craft! An endless variety of activities await you!
- Meet, take on board, care for, and forge relationships with a cast of memorable characters.
- Run, jump, and glide your way through elegantly constructed platforming levels.
- Explore a fantastic and imaginative world. Seek and gather resources to craft upgrades for your ship and gifts for your passengers.
- Experience moving, emotional stories filled with unforgettable moments.
- Unwind for hours into cosy and relaxing gameplay. 30 hours to finish, hundreds more to experience everything Spiritfarer has to offer.
- Make the adventure your own with rich customization options for your boat, character, even the cat!
- Play as Daffodil the cat in optional local co-op. Supports Remote Play Together.