NACON and Passtech Games are delighted to unveil Geppetto, the new hero joining Ravenswatch, a cooperative roguelite for up to four players inspired by famous tales and legends from all over the world. Developed by the studio behind the widely acclaimed game Curse of the Dead Gods©, Ravenswatch asks the bravest gamers to confront the hordes of the Nightmare, which is corrupting the world of Reverie. Ravenswatch is in Early Access on Steam and will be available on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch in 2024.
Taken from the famous story of Pinocchio, Geppetto is the seventh fallen hero to join the Ravenswatch, and he comes with his puppets.
Wielding especially innovative skills, Geppetto has found the best way to compensate for the loss of his arm. As a hybrid between a close-combat fighter and ranged hero, the mad inventor can summon puppets to fight for him. While Geppetto is an old man, his brand-new creations are eager to fight!
One of the carpenter’s main strengths is his ability to enter combat while taking the minimum of risks. Armed with a hammer and explosives, the skills brandished by the latest Ravenswatch member can be used on his enemies as well as his creations. For example, his attacks and combat techniques can be used on his own puppets to heal them, protect them and send them into the fray.
Geppetto’s main weakness is his heavy reliance on his inventions. Even though he can stay away from danger, he must often get closer to his henchman to control them.
Tales and legends are rebelling in Ravenswatch
- An exciting rogue-lite that can be played solo or in co-op with up to four players
- Art design inspired by Dark Comic Books and rousing music
- Procedurally generated environments and meta-progression for increased replay value
- Multiple synergies to be discovered between the different heroes
- A wide variety of upgrades and magical items to unlock and an extensive bestiary of enemies
- Every run is a complete RPG experience with quests, missions, bosses, caves to explore, and loot to upgrade your character and weaken the Nightmare. When it releases in 2024, Ravenswatch will have 10 playable characters and 3 corrupted regions to explore
- 10 difficulty levels await the bravest players
But wait, THERE’S MORE!
The Geppetto Update will also add the following ?? pic.twitter.com/7CousyPCxA
— Ravenswatch – In Early Access now! (@PlayRavenswatch) May 17, 2023
Ravenswatch is in Early Access now on Steam, which includes seven playable heroes and the first chapter. Ravenswatch will be updated regularly with three new heroes and the two following chapters added before its official release in 2024 on PC, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.