Publisher The Arcade Crew and studio Ishtar Games (formerly CCCP) today announced the release of their formidable tactical role-playing game The Last Spell, in Early Access on Steam. Protect what remains of humanity from a disturbing fog from which a continuous stream of monsters emerges by taking advantage of a 10% reduction on the base price of the game, set at € 19.99: just pledge your allegiance by purchasing the game within the next two weeks!
The Last Spell pits the player against hordes of demonic creatures that relentlessly attack humanity’s last stronghold. The ultimate defenders are tasked with pushing back these relentless waves long enough to allow the mages of Haven to annihilate the magic responsible for this dreadful fog. Severe but fair, The Last Spell is a game where survival is a miracle. Only the sharpest and most courageous minds will succeed in sustaining the Haven. This simple mission will not be easy.
Game details as shared on Steam:
War was rampaging all over the land for decades. In a desperate move to end it all, the mages provoked The Cataclysm. Massive balls of pure magic obliterated nearly everything. A strange purple mist propagated everywhere. They say that those who entered the mist were killed, driven mad, or worse…
Only a few Havens keep up the fight against the hordes of bloodthirsty monsters that come out at night from this damned mist. A few strained heroes protect the walls night after night, until a handful of mages manage to cast The Last Spell and banish all magic from this accursed world. And maybe save us all. Maybe.
The Last Spell is a tactical RPG with roguelite elements. During the days, you’ll have to carefully choose how you will re-build your city and how you’ll position your defenses. Will you prioritize buying a brand new flaming sword, or build a Mana Well to regenerate some priceless Mana after battles?
During night, you’ll have to exterminate all the monsters coming at your walls with a large range of weapons and powers. Level up your heroes, and repeat until the end.
Turn-Based Tactical RPG:
● The whole RPG package: primary stats, secondary stats, skills, perks, traits… and more.
● Build your own classes: upgrade your heroes with stat bonuses and perks. Want to make a canon glass rogue/mage fighting with a gun? Do it!
● Tons of procedurally generated trinkets, armors and weapons, each with their own skillset and playstyle!
● Manage your squad of heroes: they’re strong, but they are few and they have access to limited resources. Healing is rare, so try to find the good balance.
Hordes of Evil:
● Waves of hundreds of enemies to slay, burn, shock and slice! Don’t get overwhelmed.
● Dozens of enemy types with different behaviors, which will get stronger and stronger as you progress.
● Think and adapt: you have to deal with A LOT of enemies, so you want to optimize your damage output with strong AOE attacks. Enemies have various strength and weaknesses that will challenge your wits.
Protect the City:
● Rebuild the city to help you between fights. Get healed, get items, get new heroes. Spend your resources wisely!
● Build up your defenses: walls, traps, towers, catapults… every bit of help is welcomed.
● Protect the circle of magic at all costs! If you lose it, it’s game over.
● The game is meant to be hard. You will fail… but every time you do, you’ll grow stronger.
● Procedurally generated Enemy waves, characters, weapons, and a ton of unlockables will keep you entertained.
● A full range of difficulty levels to entertain the craziest hardcore players.